About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Thursday 30 June 2016

My Journey to UTOPiA Con 2016!

 
UTOPiA Con took place from the 22nd to the 26th June in Nashville, TN. I was lucky enough to attend the 2014 convention (known then as UtopYA), and I knew that I wanted to go back and do the experience all over again. 2016 was that year for me. After a very long 16 hour plane journey that took me on three planes (Glasgow to Amsterdam, Amsterdam to Detroit, MI, and then finally Detroit to Nashville, TN), I arrived tired, but super excited!
 
 
Now, the con as a whole was a lot of fun and I didn't attend any panels because I had so much on lol, but I heard that people learned a lot at them. A lot of authors also pulled out of attending the con at the last minute, which was upsetting because I was hoping to meet them there. The organisers of the con handled it well though and they organised tables to make it look better and less empty (Trust me, quite a few authors pulled out last minute, so the organisers had a lot to deal with). The only complaint I would make is that I didn't get all the books signed that I took over with me. Authors that were supposed to sign after their panels weren't where they were supposed to be, so I ended up not being able to find them. This is the only criticism that I have of my entire time at the con.

 
Myra McEntire, Alessandra Torre and Alex Flinn were the Keynote Speakers this year, and their speeches were inspirational and funny and heart-breaking. Unfortunately, I didn't get the chance to meet Alessandra, but I did get to meet Myra and Alex!

Me with Myra McEntire!

Me with Alex Flinn!

And of course I got lots of signed books! 51 to be exact lol!



I also met a ton of amazing authors! Check out just some of my pictures below with them!

Me with Cambria Hebert and Nathan!
 
Me with Micalea Smeltzer!
 
Me with Sonya Loveday and Candace Knoebel!
 
Me with Chelsea Fine!
 
Me with C.J. Redwine!
 
Me with Jamie Canosa!
 
Me with Kate L. Mary!
 
Me with Carey Heywood!

Me with Michele G. Miller!

Me with Mindy Hayes!
 
Me with Ellie Wade!
 
Me with Venessa Kimball!
 
Me with Clara Stone!
 
I've uploaded all my pictures from UTOPiA Con onto Book Crazy's Facebook page HERE, so feel free to check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment