About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 29, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Friday 16 May 2014

Blog Tour & Giveaway: The Forgotten Girl by Jessica Sorensen!

Publication date: 13th May 2014
Paperback edition: -
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: Twenty-one year-old Maddie Asherford is haunted by a past she can’t remember. When she was fifteen years old, there was a tragic accident and she was left with amnesia.

In the aftermath, Maddie’s left struggling with who she is—the forgotten girl she was six years ago or the Maddie she is now. Sometimes it even feels like she might be two different people completely—the good Maddie and the bad one.

Good Maddie goes to therapy, spends time with her family, and works on healing herself. Bad Maddie rebels and has dark thoughts of hurting people and sometimes even killing them.

Maddie manages to keep her twisted thoughts hidden for the most part. That is until she starts having blackouts. Each time she wakes up from one, she’s near a murder scene with no recollection of what happened the night before and this helpless feeling like she’s losing control of her life. Maddie doesn’t want to believe she’s a killer, but she begins to question who she really was in her past. If she was bad Maddie all along and that maybe she was a killer.

This book was insane! I'll admit that I was a little hesitant about reading it when I read the synopsis because it didn't seem like the kind of book I'd normally read, but it's a Jessica Sorensen book and the cover is really creepy, so I decided to give it a whirl! I was lucky to be able to beta read the first 90% of it and I'm so happy I got the chance too! I had to wait to read the last 10% though, which can I just say, was the most insane 10% ever! The plot of this book was just amazing! It just got better and better as it progressed!  A lot also happened in it that I didn't see coming and I never knew what was going to happen next! There was quite a lot in the plot as well and it was really creepy! I actually enjoyed the creepiness of it because I haven't read anything like it before! The plot also sort of messes with you because you don't actually know who you can trust and who's actually real lol! I doubted myself like a thousand times while reading it with my theories lol! The characters were absolutely amazing! Maddie was one of the main characters and she was such a confused character! She couldn't remember anything about her life because of an accident that left her with amnesia! She didn't know who she was apart from what she had been told, and she was desperate to find out answers! Well, I was right there with her lol! Maddie was such a strong character for being so confused! She would do anything to get answers and I could see this! She was such a lost character as well because she didn't really trust anyone and she didn't want to get close to anyone! Lily was the other main character in this book and she was Maddie's alter ego almost! She was the kinda more aggressive person of the two girls, but she just wanted answers too and she was willing to make Maddie do anything to get them! I connected more with Maddie that what I did with Lily, but Lily was such an intriguing character and there were times where I saw a more vulnerable side to her, which made me feel sorry for her! I wasn't expecting this book to be written from both Maddie and Lily's point of views, but I think that it definitely helped me connect more with Lily because I was only expecting it to be written from Maddie's point of view! The ending of this book was the same word I've been using all the way through this review - insane lol! I didn't see any of it coming, but it just blew me away! I'm kinda really upset that this book's a standalone, but I can completely understand why it is! I mean, the ending kind of left it open for a novella or something, but it was all wrapped up, the plot was resolved and it had a fantastic ending! The cover for this book suits it perfectly! I completely love it as soon as I saw it and I love how unique it is! Big thank you to Jessica for asking me to beta read The Forgotten Girl and to Shh Moms Reading for having me on the Blog Tour!

Buy your copy from Amazon


Author bio:

The New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Jessica Sorensen, lives in the snowy mountains of Wyoming. When she's not writing, she spends her time reading and hanging out with her family.


No comments:

Post a Comment