About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Sunday 1 October 2017

Review: The Blood Will Dry by Kate L. Mary!

Publication date: 15th August 2017
Paperback edition: -
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: Five years after an alien invasion, the earth is unrecognizable. The human race has been decimated and the sun completely blotted out by dark clouds that bring constant rain. All indigenous plant life has been killed off and replaced by vegetation that has proven to be as deadly as it is invasive, and the aliens that have taken over the planet are seemingly invincible.

Living in a crowded building with other survivors, Diana Foster wants nothing more than to forget what she lost the day the aliens arrived. But an incoming platoon brings a familiar face, one that not only opens old wounds, but also forces her to deal with the painful memories she's worked hard to forget. Bryan may not be the same cocky kid he was before the invasion, but his sudden appearance still turns Diana's world upside down in ways she never expected. When he showed up she knew it would mean finally facing her past, but she never thought she’d find a future that was actually worth living.

After years of struggling to find a weakness in the aliens' defenses, Diana stumbles upon a solution just as a new and more deadly threat surfaces. Faced with an attraction she never expected and a battle that most believe can't be won, Diana must work through her painful past as the survivors mount a battle that may determine the fate of mankind. If her plan fails it very well could be the end of humanity, but if works it will mean having a real future, and a chance to allow the blood to dry once and for all.


I've read this author's Broken World series and I freaking loved that series, so I couldn't wait to read more from her! I then saw this book available for review through Xpresso Book Tours and I instantly knew that I wanted to read it! The synopsis definitely made me want to find out more! I started this book as soon as I received my copy and I read the first 70% in one sitting and then read the remaining 30% the following morning! It's fair to say that I zoomed through it lol! I was sucked right into the plot and I loved the paranormal side to it! The paranormal aspect was aliens and I love alien books, so this book was perfect for me! The plot also had romance, action and some suspense in it too! All these elements added so much and there were plenty of big action scenes! There were some seriously hot scenes in this book too, which I wasn't expecting! The characters were also amazing and made this book even better! Diana was the main character, and in this book she had suffered a massive loss and she was still dealing with that loss years later! My heart did go out to Diana because she had suffered through a lot, but I also respected her a lot because she kept going and she was a very determined, smart character! Diana was also kick-ass in this book and she got more kick-ass as the book developed! I loved her strength and she did come a long way in this book and she grew a lot! Bryan was the love interest of Diana in this book! It did take a while for Bryan to come into this book, but he caused quite a stir with Diana when he did lol! I could understand why the two of them didn't really want to start a relationship, but it was inevitable because they were drawn to each other! I also wasn't expecting their history to be what it was, but it was different! Bryan was quite the character and he helped Diana a lot! He supported her and it was easy to see his feelings for her grow! Bryan was very protective of Diana too, which was completely understandable considering the danger they faced! This book was only written from Diana's point of view, which I was expecting in a way! I mean, I wasn't sure whether it was going to be written from dual point of view or not after I read the synopsis, but then it was only one point of view! I did love this book only being written from Diana's point of view! I was still able to connect with the other characters and it did help me understand Diana more! I wouldn't have minded a few chapters being written from Bryan's point of view though! I can also completely understand why this book is a standalone! Everything was wrapped up nicely and all the questions raised were answered! The ending was also left at the perfect place and summed up the story nicely! I wouldn't mind reading another book on Diana and Bryan though! I also can't wait to read this author's other books that I haven't read yet and see what she's going to release next! The cover for this book does make more sense after you read it! I can understand it more and I can see how well it suits the book! I love it and the model is also the perfect Diana!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment