About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Sunday 30 June 2019

Review: Into the Crossfire [Circle of Justice 04] by L.P. Dover!


Publication date: 28th May 2019
Paperback edition:
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: Secrets.
Lies.
Betrayal.
Murder.

I’ve gotten away with it all, but that won’t last forever.

I’m Bryce Chandler, FBI agent and member of the Circle of Justice, a covert organization that metes out retribution to those who’ve escaped the system without punishment. For the last year I’ve been deep undercover, doing unspeakable things to secure my place in the mafia world. These days I barely recognize the man in the mirror, but Anthony Corsino is finally in my crosshairs.

He’s entrusted me with the one thing he loves most—his daughter, Layla. She was just another detail of the mission, until she was suddenly so much more. I never meant to fall for the enemy, but I couldn’t resist. I’m in too deep. My brothers are determined to get me out, but I can’t let them interfere. It’s my job to put down the target. However, when I do, I’ll lose the only woman I’ve ever loved and the only good thing left in my life. If I don’t, I’ll lose myself.

I've read the other books in this series and I remember really enjoying them! Unfortunately I couldn't remember what happened in them because it's been a while since I read them lol! This book can be read as a standalone though, so I was able to follow it without having to re-read any of the other books! After reading this book, I can say that I enjoyed it a lot! The plot developed at the perfect pace and it kept me intrigued and wanting to read on and find out what was going to happen next! There was also some action and suspense in the plot, which added a lot to it and actually took the plot in a completely different direction near the end by adding some twists! There was plenty of romance in the plot too and the romance allowed for quite a few seriously hot scenes between the two main characters! The characters were also amazing and made this book even better! Bryce was the main male character, and in this book he was on an undercover mission and was smack bang in the middle of his enemy's territory! I understood why Bryce wanted to take down this particular enemy, but his love interest changed things for Bryce and made him re-evaluate things! I loved Bryce in this book! He did come a long way and he learned who was really important in his life! I loved the way he was with his love interest too and he was very protective of her! Layla was the main female character and love interest of Bryce! I loved Layla in this book! She learned a lot about her family and about the bad things they do, but I think that Layla handed everything as best she could and she then went through a lot in this book! I loved that Layla also understood why Bryce couldn't tell her who he was at the beginning and that she let him explain instead of running away! This told me a lot about the kind of person she was! The synopsis of this book makes it sound like it's going to be written from only the male character's point of view, but I'm really happy that it was written from dual point of view like the other books have been! It made the plot better and allowed for more things to happen in it! It added more to it as well! It helped me connect and understand Bryce and Layla more too! I'm not sure if this book is the final book in this series! I can't find any information on more books, but I really hope there will be because I've loved this series, so would love to read more books! I think that all the main guys have had their stories told though, so I think that this book is the final one in the series! I can't wait to find out what this author is going to release next and I'll definitely be reading it! I still have a few of her paranormal books to read too! The cover for this book is also absolutely stunning! I loved it as soon as I saw it and I love that it has a couple on it instead of just a guy like the other covers! The cover models are the perfect Bryce and Layla too! Big thank you to L.P. Dover for an ARC of Into the Crossfire!

No comments:

Post a Comment