About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Sunday 14 August 2016

Review: Moonchild by Kate L. Mary!


Publication date: 21st June 2016
Paperback edition: -
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: In a world fueled by greed and corruption, where airships rule the skies and coal mines have been turned into prisons, Scarlett Moon has one goal: Survive. Being tough and looking out for herself is the only way to stay alive, but when her best friend, Rory, is arrested and returned to the mines, all of Scarlett’s carefully built walls threaten to crumble.

After being rescued by an airship full of pirates, led by the sexy and irresistible Asher Kimura, Scarlett finds herself surrounded by cons and fugitives, and thrust into the middle of a coal-smuggling business. When they take her to Columbus, the one place she never wanted to set foot in again, she wants nothing more than to get away. And her discomfort only grows as she becomes increasingly drawn to Asher.

But everything changes when she discovers there may be a way to rescue Rory. Enlisting the pirates' help, Scarlett sets out on a mission to save her friend, praying that her overwhelming attraction to Asher doesn’t mean the end to her freedom—in more ways than one.


I read the first six books in this author's Broken World series straight after each other a few months ago, so I was really looking forward to reading more books from her! I obviously knew beforehand that this book had nothing to do with zombies like the Broken World series did, but I was still itching to read it, so I signed up to review it through Xpresso Book Tours! I started my review copy as soon as I received it and this book only took me a few sittings to read! I loved the character development and the plot! The plot had a very unique concept to it and it was all very interesting and different! The plot also had some romance, action, and suspense in it too! I love these three things in the plot of any book, so I was really happy that this book had all three! It also wasn't heavy on the romance, but it was definitely there lol! There were also a few twist and turns in the plot too, and these added a lot to the development of the plot! The only negative thing that I have to say is that the ending was slightly rushed and I would have liked the loose ends to have been tied up more! The characters were amazing and made this book even better! Scarlett was the main character, and Scarlett was a character that tried to appear tough and like she could take care of herself, but she was actually a scared character that didn't want to accept help from anyone! Scarlett did go through a lot of realisation in this book and she slowly started to change her ways and start to let people in a bit more! She was stubborn and set in her ways, but she had been through a lot in her life and this had a big impact on her! I also connected with Scarlett all the way through this book and I admired her bravery a lot! Asher was the love interest of Scarlett, and he was seriously hot! Asher was also very protective of Scarlett and he loved to get her under her skin and annoy her and make her question feelings that she tried to supress! I loved the way he winded Scarlett up and he was very funny! Asher also showed Scarlett that she didn't have to be by herself anymore and that she was surrounded by people that cared about her! Asher had also been through a lot in his childhood, and this had a big impact on why he was the way he was! I loved him! This book was only written from Scarlett's point of view, which I was expecting! It would have been really cool if it had been co-written with both Scarlett and Asher or maybe had a few other characters point of views in it, but I could understand why it was only written from Scarlett's point of view! I also can't understand why this book is a standalone! I would love to read another book or even a novella on these characters, as the ending was left open and Scarlett's story could be continued! The cover for this book also suits it very well! It probably wouldn't make my pick up the book if I didn't know the author's name, but it does suits the book! I love the weapon on it too! It plays a big part in the book! Big thank you to Kate and Xpresso Book Tours for a copy of Moonchild to review!

No comments:

Post a Comment