About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Sunday 17 December 2017

Review: Torn [Wicked 02] by Jennifer L. Armentrout!

Publication date: 19th July 2017
Paperback edition: -
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: Torn between duty and survival, nothing can be the same.

Everything Ivy Morgan thought she knew has been turned on its head. After being betrayed and then nearly killed by the Prince of the Fae, she’s left bruised and devastated—and with an earth-shattering secret that she must keep at all costs. And if the Order finds out her secret, they’ll kill her.

Then there’s Ren Owens, the sexy, tattooed Elite member of the Order who has been sharing Ivy’s bed and claiming her heart. Their chemistry is smoking hot, but Ivy knows that Ren has always valued his duty to the Order above all else—he could never touch her if he knew the truth. That is, if he let her live at all. Yet how can she live with herself if she lies to him?

But as the Fae Prince begins to close in, intent on permanently opening the gates to the Otherworld, Ivy is running out of options. If she doesn’t figure out who she can trust—and fast—it’s not only her heart that will be torn apart, but civilization itself.
 
I read the first book in this series just after it released last year, and I remember really enjoying it, so I have no idea why I didn't continue the series with this book! I then did a re-read of the first book and then started this book in preparation for the third book releasing! After reading, I can say that I freaking loved this book! The plot continued on perfectly from the big cliff-hanger at the end of the first book and a lot happened in this book! My head was spinning because the author threw plot twist after plot twist in and it all resulted in a fast-moving, action-packed plot! I honestly couldn't put it down until I had finished reading it, even though I was trying to take my time to make it last longer lol! I loved the bits of action and suspense in the plot too and both these aspects added a lot to the plot's development! There were also a few seriously hot scenes in the plot between the main character and her love interest, which I loved! The characters were again amazing and made this book even better! Ivy was again the main female character, and in this book she was dealing with a lot and trying her best to stay strong and keep her secret! I did feel sorry for Ivy because she discovered something life changing about herself and she couldn't tell anyone! She then went through a lot in this book, but I'm not going to mention too much about it in case I mention a spoiler! Ivy was very strong in this book and she had to keep her wits about her! I connected with her all the way through this book too and I didn't lose that connection with her once! Ren was again the love interest of Ivy! I loved Ren a lot in this book! He was seriously hot and still the same cheeky, cocky guy that he was in the first book! Well, at the beginning of this book he was! Ren did change slightly in this book though, and I could understand why! He became very sensitive and he wanted to be there for Ivy and make sure that she was okay after what she went through! I also loved the way that Ren was with Ivy! It was easy to see how much he loved her and he cared a lot about her! This book was only written from Ivy's point of view, which didn't surprise me because the first book was only written from Ivy's point of view too! I would still love the chance to go inside Ren's head too because he's a very intriguing character, but I can also completely understand why this series is only written from Ivy's point of view! It's her journey and about the changes that she's going through to find out who she really is! I also can't wait to read the next book in this series! I think that it's the final book because I can't seem to find any information on any more books, but I'm very, very excited to read it! I'm really happy that it releases soon too because it means that I don't have to wait long for it! I'm hoping that maybe a few chapters might be written from Ren's point of view too lol! The cover for this book is also stunning! I loved it as soon as I saw it and I love how well it suits the cover for the first book! The models are the perfect Ivy and Ren too!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment