About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Tuesday 6 February 2018

Release Day Blitz & Review: The Elder [Mississippi Kings 01] by Celia Aaron!


Publication date: 6th February 2018
Paperback edition: -
Source: Kindle
Rating: 4.5 stars
Synopsis:
A shocking murder.

A suspicious son.

A dedicated detective.

In Azalea, Mississippi, the only thing hotter than the summer days are the men of the King family. When the patriarch Randall King is found dead, Detective Arabella Matthews will race the clock to stop the killer from striking again. Benton, the eldest of the King siblings, has to decide if he wants to cooperate with the feisty detective or conduct his own
investigation. The more he finds out about his father—and the closer he gets to Arabella—the more he wants to keep her safe. But the killer has different plans . . .

I was signing up for the Release Day Blitz for this book and I skimmed through the synopsis like I normally do before I sign-up for a event! The synopsis drew me right in and made me want to find out more, so I opted to review the book as well as take part in the Release Day Blitz! This is also the first book by this author that I’ve read, even though I’ve been on a few events for her! I’m so happy that I reviewed this book though because I freaking loved it! It was better than I was expecting and the plot developed at the perfect pace! The plot only took me a few sittings to read too and I was always wanting to read on to find out what was going to happen next! I loved that the plot had some action and suspense in it too! The mystery aspect also kept me guessing because I wasn't sure who the murderer was or the circumstances behind it! The characters were also amazing and made this book even better! Arabella was the main female character, and I had a lot of respect for her in this book! She was damn good at her job and her job made me have some serious respect for her! Arabella was also such a likeable character and she really cared about her daughter! She worked hard to provide for her mother and daughter and she worked long hours to do so! Arabella never complained though, and this made me love her even more! Benton was the main male character and love interest of Arabella! Benton really intrigued me in this book because there was something about him that I really liked! He may have come from a rich, well-known family, but he was still down-to-earth and was determined to find his father's killer! I also felt sorry for Benton for the loss of his father! Benton was also seriously hot and very protective of Arabella! I loved that this book was written from both Arabella and Benton's point of views! I wasn't sure if it was going to be after I read the synopsis, so I was really happy when I started reading and it was written from both characters point of views! It helped me connect and understand both characters more and it allowed for more things to happen in the plot! It added to the mystery aspect too! I can also completely understand why this book is a standalone! I really wish it wasn't because I would love to read more on Arabella and Benton, but everything in the plot was wrapped up and all the questions raised were answered! The ending was also left at the perfect place! I can't wait to see what this author is going to release next and I'm definitely going to be checking out her other books and moving them up on my TBR list! The cover for this book also wasn't released when I read the book, and normally a cover is what makes me want to read a book lol! I didn't have any idea as to what the cover could look like, but I love the cover and it suits the book perfectly! Big thank you to Celia and Give Me Books for an ARC of The Elder!


Check it out on Goodreads!

Buy your copy from Amazon


Author bio:

Celia Aaron is a recovering attorney who loves romance and erotic fiction. Dark to light, angsty to funny, real to fantasy—if it’s hot and strikes her fancy, she writes it. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment