About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Saturday 8 February 2020

Author Interview: Samantha Christy!


Hi Samantha, thank you for joining us today to talk about your books and letting us learn more about you!

To start us off, can you tell us a bit more about yourself? 

I’m a wife and mother of 4 living in beautiful St. Augustine, Florida. About six years ago, I fell quite accidentally into this dream job of mine by checking something off my bucket list: write a book. I was an avid reader and wanted to see if I could do it. I had no intention of publishing and had no idea how to do it if I wanted to. A few friends asked to read it and demanded I publish it. So here I am, six years and 15 books later doing something I never imagined.

For a first time reader of yours, which book would you recommend they start with? 

They should start with Purple Orchids. It’s the first book in my Mitchell Sisters series and the lead in to 12 interconnected books. Each can be read as a standalone, but they make for richer reads in order.

Which book has been the most challenging for you to write? 

Igniting Ivy was quite challenging as it deals with a great amount of loss. I had to take several mental health breaks and my narrator said she’d never cried so much while narrating a book (don’t worry – all my books have a HEA). Honourable mentions include White Lilies, Black Roses and Stone Rules.

Most of my books deal with real-life, gut wrenching issues so most of them have challenging parts.


Are your characters based off real people or do they all come from your imagination? 

The only character that was based off a real person was Baylor in Purple Orchids. Very loosely, however. She’s an author so I drew from several of my life experiences when writing that one.

Do you write one book at a time or do you write several at the same time?

 I’m completely incapable of focusing on more than one project at a time. Oh, how I wish I could write several—the voices in my head are screaming to be heard.

Can you tell us a little bit about your next release please? 

My next release will be the first book in my new rockstar series. The title and release date are TBD, but it should be in the spring. I’m having so much fun writing this book. Because, let’s face it, who hasn’t at some time in their life wanted to be a rock star?

Is there anything you'd like to say to your fans/readers? 

I love to interact with readers. The daily posts/messages/emails I receive keep me motivated. I’m convinced I have the BEST reader group on Facebook (Samantha’s Sweethearts). They are kind, generous, funny, supportive and they uplift me and each other every day.

Quickfire Round!

Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite Country: US, but I’m traveling to the UK next month so who knows
Favorite Colour: Green
Favorite Animal: Dog (but I’m allergic so I can’t have one)
Favorite Book: Soooo many. FSOG/Thoughtless/Love Unscripted to name a few.
Favorite Movie: The Martian
Favorite Pop: Sprite Zero
Favorite Restaurant: A little mom and pop place here called The Blue Crab


Author bio:

My passion for writing started long before my first novel was published. Graduating from the University of Nebraska with a degree in Criminal Justice, I've held the title of Computer Systems Analyst for The Wisconsin Supreme Court and several major universities around the United States.

Raised mainly in Indianapolis, I hold the Midwest and its homegrown values dear to my heart. Upon the birth of my third child, I decided to devote myself full-time to raising my family. While it took a long time to get from Computer Analyst to Author, writing has remained my utmost passion and being a stay-at-home-mom facilitated my ability to follow that dream.

When I am not writing, I keep busy traveling. I am obsessed with cruising and it is my goal to sail to every Caribbean port of call.

I have found my home in St. Augustine, Florida where I live with my amazing husband and my four incredible children.



No comments:

Post a Comment