About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Thursday 31 December 2020

My Top Books of 2020!


Hey, guys! It's that time of year again where I share my favourite books of the year! So, here is my list with my top books of 2020! I loved all of these books a lot! 

*All books are in no particular order!*

12. The Perfect Getaway by Kiersten Modglin!

It was the trip of a lifetime…
until someone ended up dead.

When four couples receive invitations to try out a luxury island resort, they are excited for a week of relaxation and reconnecting.

For some, it’s the honeymoon they never had the chance to take.
For others, it’s a last-ditch attempt to save their crumbling marriage.

But when one of the group members ends up dead on the night of a terrible storm, what was once a paradise soon becomes a prison.

Trapped on the island with no cell phone service and no means of escape, the couples fear the worst. What exactly happened to their friend? And could they be next?

Determined to learn the truth, the couples search for answers, but only discover more secrets. Friendships, loyalties, and marriages are put to the ultimate test as they grapple to decide who to trust and who could be a threat.

Will they make it off the island? Or will the perfect getaway turn into their last?


Check it out on Goodreads!

11. Debt of Passion Duet by CoraLee June!

Synopsis for book one, A Lovely Obsession:

My guardian angel is a devil in disguise.
He hates me. He protects me.

He watches me.

My stalker is obsessed with keeping me safe. He calls me his prettiest debt.

An assassin in the notorious Bullet gang, he uses his empire to control my life. Everything I know is a lie.

What started as a debt turned into something more. What started as regret turned into obsession.

Ambition is his muse and I am his conscience. Our past may bind us together, but his enemies will tear us apart.

My guardian angel is a devil in disguise.
He hates me. He protects me.

And I think I love him.


Check it out on Goodreads!

10. Ivory White by Cambria Hebert!

Once upon a time…
There is a girl with skin as fair as ivory and hair as black as night.
She was the apple of her father’s eye, but now that he has died,
someone wants to dip that apple into poison.
Advised to flee, Ivory escapes her elite world in New York City
and stumbles into a place she didn’t know existed.
A modern-day princess, afraid and lost on the dark streets, running for her life.
Ivory White has no one to call, nowhere to turn.
All she has is a random number scrawled on a torn napkin.
She calls. He answers.
Ivory is thrust into a house filled with misfits—
a band of completely untrustworthy men.
But can this group of men keep her safe?


Check it out on Goodreads!

9. Wild Distortion by Tina Saxon!

Ryker

Coach gave me three rules. Train. Stay focused. Stay away from women. After being suspended from three football games, I was exiled to a remote island to stay out of the press.

One sight of the island beauty and I knew I was doomed to fail.

She’s the girl from the island.
Her eyes the color of whiskey and her lips, the taste of sugar. She’s all of my addictions rolled up in one hot body. What’s wrong with having a little tryst while on a mini-vacation?

Except addictions are hard to quit.

Aspen

He made me fall in love with him and then left me broken-hearted. My prison was his fantasy. But he wanted to see me again. He offered me something I couldn’t resist. A chance to leave the island.

I should have never gone to New York City. I was a stranger in his world, but secrets about a past I never knew lurked in the shadows threatening to unravel my life. I thought I left the mysteries of the island at home. I didn’t know I was one of them.

I’m the girl from the island.
And I was found dead twenty-four years ago.


Check it out on Goodreads!

8. Sweet Dandelion by Micalea Smeltzer!

Dandelion Meadows is cursed.
Horrible name.
Horrible luck.

At eighteen she should be headed off to college, all smiles and naivety.
Instead, a victim of a school shooting, she’s starting her senior year in a new city and living with her brother.
Nightmares of that terrible day haunt her, affecting her daily life and the relationships around her.
Forced to meet with the school counselor, Dani finds him chipping away at the walls she’s built around herself, and even her heart.

Lachlan Taylor doesn’t know what to make at first of the broken student he’s tasked with helping. She’s survived a trauma he’s not sure he can save her from, but he knows he has to try.

The more time they spend together, the more they learn about what it really means to live.

Some things are forbidden.
Some things are necessary for survival.

Their love is both.




Check it out on Goodreads!

7. Where the Truth Lives [Where... 02] by Mia Sheridan!

When the director of a local mental health hospital is found murdered and mutilated, Homicide Detective Reed Davies is first on scene. What was done to the body is gruesome. Inexplicable. But Reed is dealt another curveball when he finds that the doctor who discovered the victim is someone Reed is intimately familiar with—a woman with whom he shared one passionate night weeks before.

Dr. Elizabeth Nolan is somehow tangled up in the crime, and even while Reed must now question her possible involvement, he can’t help being drawn to the beautiful, enigmatic woman.

As more bodies appear and the devious killer terrorizes Cincinnati, a shocking connection begins to emerge, one that not only involves Dr. Nolan, but Reed himself. A connection more twisted and elaborate than he can imagine. Now Reed must hunt the monster down, a killer who will stop at nothing to see his diabolical plan to its final, deadly conclusion.


Check it out on Goodreads!

6. The Rain Trilogy by B.B. Easton!

Synopsis for book one, Praying for Rain:

“None of this matters, and we’re all going to die.”

With only three days left until the predicted apocalypse, the small town of Franklin Springs, Georgia, has become a wasteland of abandoned cars, abandoned homes, abandoned businesses, and abandoned people. People like Rainbow Williams.

Rain isn’t afraid of dying. In fact, she’s looking forward to it. If she can just outrun her pain until April 23, she’ll never have to feel it at all.

“Supplies. Shelter. Self-defense.”

Wes Parker has survived every horrible thing this life has thrown at him with nothing more than his resourcefulness and disarming good looks. Why should the end of the world be any different? All he needs are some basic supplies, shelter, and a sucker willing to help him out, which is exactly what he finds when he returns to his hometown of Franklin Springs.

As society crumbles, dangers mount, and secrets refuse to stay buried, two lost souls are thrust together in a twist of fate—one who will do anything to survive and one who can’t wait to die.

Perhaps, together, they can learn how to live.

Before their time runs out.


Check it out on Goodreads!

5. The Land Where Sinners Atone by V.F. Mason!

𝑢𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒖𝒑𝒐𝒏 𝒂 π’•π’Šπ’Žπ’† 𝒔𝒉𝒆 π’ƒπ’†π’„π’‚π’Žπ’† π’Žπ’Šπ’π’†. π‘΄π’Šπ’π’† 𝒕𝒐 π’…π’†π’”π’•π’“π’π’š.

I used to have it all.

Successful career.
Loving husband who adored me.
A future full of possibilities.
A perfect fairytale nothing could break.

Until one day, life as I knew it was crushed into tiny little pieces.

I was charged with a murder I didn't commit.
And no matter how much I begged for justice, no one believed me.
Least of all the man who promised to stand by me through anything.

And the husband of the woman I allegedly killed?
He vowed for me to live in a hell on earth–and even then it wouldn’t be enough to atone for my sin.

His words rang in my ears every single day as life became an endless nightmare.
With time, I grew to hate him so much my heart burned from it.

Until three years later new evidence was found.
And everyone believed my truth.

I might be free but I’m still part of a twisted game the monster is playing.

And the only way I can survive in it?
Trust a man who I promised to hate till my last breath.


Check it out on Goodreads!

4. Sea of Ruin by Pam Godwin!

Bennett Sharp is on the run.
Wanted for piracy, she fears neither God nor death nor man.
Except Priest Farrell.

The unfaithful, stormy-eyed libertine hunts her with terrifying possessiveness. Nothing will stop him from coming for her. Not his unforgivable betrayal. Not when she’s captured by the ice-cold pirate hunter, Lord Ashley Cutler.
She must escape Ashley’s prison and Priest’s deceit. But can she walk away from their twisted desires?

Two gorgeous captains stand on opposite sides of the law. When they collide in a battle to protect her, the lines blur between enemies and lovers.
Passion heats, secrets unravel, and hearts entangle until they break.
Can love prevail in the sea of ruin?


Check it out on Goodreads!

3. Famine [The Four Horsemen 03] by Laura Thalassa!

They came to earth--Pestilence, War, Famine, Death--four horsemen riding their screaming steeds, racing to the corners of the world. Four horsemen with the power to destroy all of humanity. They came to earth, and they came to end us all.

Ana da Silva always assumed she’d die young, she just never expected it to be at the hands of Famine, the haunting immortal who once spared her life so many years ago. But if the horseman remembers her at all, he must not care, for when she comes face to face with him for the second time in her life, she’s stabbed and left for dead.

Only, she doesn’t quite die.

If there’s one thing Famine is good at, it’s cruelty. And how these blighted bastards deserve it. Try as he might, he can’t forget what they once did to him. But when Ana, a ghost from his past, corners him and promises pain for what he so recently did to her, she and her empty threats captivate him, and he decides to keep her around.

In spite of themselves, Ana and Famine are drawn to each other. But at the end of the day, the two are enemies. Nothing changes that. Not one kind act, not two. And definitely not a few steamy nights. But enemies or reluctant lovers, if they don’t stop themselves soon, heaven will.


Check it out on Goodreads!

2. God of Monsters [Juniper Unraveling 04] by Keri Lake!

I've heard stories about the Alphas. Violent soldiers, bred to kill both humans and mutations, whose sole purpose was to balance our survival against the infected.

Until they turned on their masters.

Held as subjects of the Calico research facility, they were forced to endure the gruesome experiments that transformed them into callous savages with hearts as impenetrable as their defenses. More terrifying than the monsters that decimated our world with disease and famine.

In the aftermath of Calico's collapse, many of the Alphas fled, only to be hunted by our own Legion army. And in their absence, the balance has shifted.

I thought they no longer existed.
Until I met him, the god of monsters.
Now I don't believe in the stories anymore.

To fall in love with the unyielding heart of an Alpha is said to be impossible.

But to fall in love with a god would be a tragedy.


Check it out on Goodreads!

1. Blood and Ash series by Jennifer L. Armentrout!

Synopsis for book one, Blood and Ash:

A Maiden…

Chosen from birth to usher in a new era, Poppy’s life has never been her own. The life of the Maiden is solitary. Never to be touched. Never to be looked upon. Never to be spoken to. Never to experience pleasure. Waiting for the day of her Ascension, she would rather be with the guards, fighting back the evil that took her family, than preparing to be found worthy by the gods. But the choice has never been hers.

A Duty…

The entire kingdom’s future rests on Poppy’s shoulders, something she’s not even quite sure she wants for herself. Because a Maiden has a heart. And a soul. And longing. And when Hawke, a golden-eyed guard honor bound to ensure her Ascension, enters her life, destiny and duty become tangled with desire and need. He incites her anger, makes her question everything she believes in, and tempts her with the forbidden.

A Kingdom…

Forsaken by the gods and feared by mortals, a fallen kingdom is rising once more, determined to take back what they believe is theirs through violence and vengeance. And as the shadow of those cursed draws closer, the line between what is forbidden and what is right becomes blurred. Poppy is not only on the verge of losing her heart and being found unworthy by the gods, but also her life when every blood-soaked thread that holds her world together begins to unravel.



Check it out on Goodreads!

So there you have it! My top books of 2020! I hope you enjoyed reading some of these books as well! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment