About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Wednesday 20 January 2021

Release Day Blitz & Review: Before Him [Obsession Duet 01] by K.A. Duggan!


Publication date: 20th January 2021
Paperback edition: -
Source: Kindle
Rating: 4 stars
Synopsis: She’ll do what’s needed to move on;
Give him her trust
Her heart
Maybe even... her life.

When painfully shy Enola is set up on a blind date 5 years after ‘that night’, she decides to step out of her comfort zone and go, despite her crippling anxiety.

Only she ends up further humiliated when she’s stood up, cementing her belief that men are nothing but a waste of time.

When Carey steps in to save her from further embarrassment, they share a mutual attraction and instant chemistry.

Enola wants her past to remain far away from her future. But as a private Investigator, Carey is used to unearthing buried secrets.

Someone from the past is watching, waiting, biding their time for a chance to strike again.

I have to be honest and say that I hadn't heard of this author until I received an email from her about being on the release day blitz for this book! I wanted to sign up to review it because I was very intrigued by the synopsis, but I was maybe a little bit put off because I knew I would have to wait for the second book to conclude the characters story lol! After reading, I have to be honest and say that this book isn’t the best written book I’ve ever read, but the plot was intriguing and it did keep me reading on! I also have to say that I spotted quite a few consistent grammar/punctuation mistakes throughout the book, but I did read an ARC, so I was able to overlook them! This book only took me a few sittings in one day to read and I did enjoy the plot line and what happened in it! There was also a lot of romance in the plot, which allowed for a few steamy scenes! There was a bit of action and suspense in the plot, but I was hoping for slightly more! There was a big scene near the end, but I hope there’s going to be more in the next book! The characters were also great and did make the plot better! Enola was the main female character, and in this book I felt for her because she had been through a traumatic and disgusting relationship and situation and it still had a massive impact on her five years later! Enola tried her best in this book and she did come a long way, but her past caught up to her! I also found that Enola maybe overreacted a few times in this book, but this may have been down to what she had been through! Carey was the main male character and love interest of Enola! I like Carey in this book and he had a job that was different and cool! I also liked how Carey met Enola and he realised that she had issues going on and he respected that and gave her space! Carey also supported Enola and he was protective of her! I also felt like I wanted to know more about Carey and I really hope I do in the next book! This book was written from both Enola and Carey’s point of views, which I loved! I was hoping that it was going to be before I started reading and it helped me connect more with both characters and see their feelings for each other develop! It allowed for more things to happen in the plot as well as Enola and Carey didn't spend every moment together! The ending of this book was also left at the perfect place to lead into the next book and it was left at quite a cliff-hanger, which I wasn’t expecting! Even though I didn’t fall head over heels in love with this book, the ending has made me intrigued enough to want to read the next book and find out what’s going to happen next! I know that the next book releases in March, which isn’t that long of a wait! I’ll definitely be giving it a read once it does release! The cover for this book also suits it a lot! It would draw me to the book and make me check out the synopsis and give it a read! Big thank you to K.A. Duggan for an ARC of Before Him!


Check it out on Goodreads!

Buy your copy from Amazon, Kobo Apple Books

 

No comments:

Post a Comment