About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Tuesday 15 June 2021

ARC Review: Just Married by Kiersten Modglin!

Publication date: 5th July 2021
Paperback edition: -
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: When my husband found this perfect little cabin in the woods for our honeymoon, I couldn’t wait to get away. Just us in the middle of the forest, waking up every day in the trees, ending each night in the hot tub under the stars. But now I’m not sure that I know my husband at all…

I just wish we’d gone to the police when someone left a note on the doormat saying: She’s dead, you’re next. Ryan said I was overreacting, but I don’t understand why he won’t go to the cops now things are getting worse. Can I trust my husband?

I’ve known about the terrible thing that Ryan did for years and it’s been tearing me apart. Last night I told him I would always keep his secret. But is the man I married hiding something else from me?

Now someone has cut the phone lines and we’re trapped here. Ryan swears he has no idea what’s going on and just wants to keep us safe. I’m here alone in the middle of the dark forest with the man I thought I could trust. My heart is racing and there’s no one I can call…

My husband promised till death do us part. Am I about to find out what that means?

I read another ARC from this author this month and I really wasn’t expecting to read another book from her so quickly lol! I then received an ARC of this book and made it my next read! The synopsis sounded exactly like my kind of read and was very intriguing, so I couldn’t wait to read it! After reading, I can say that I loved this book a lot! The plot developed at the perfect pace and it kept me wanting to read on and find out what was going to happen next! There was also the usual insane Kiersten Modglin twist that changed the plot and exposed the main characters! I was kind of able to work out some of the big twist, but I didn't expect it to be quite as big as it was lol! The twist allowed for some action and suspense! There was also quite a bit of romance in the plot, which I loved, and it added a lot to the plot! The characters were also amazing and made this book even better! Grace was the main female character, and in this book was an anxious person and she worried about everything and over analysed situations! Grace’s secret then came out and it completely changed the plot and explained a lot! It also made me feel very sorry for her! I liked Grace, but I wasn't sure how to feel about her after discovering her secret because in a way I could understand why she felt the way she did, but I think she maybe went maybe a bit too far! Ryan was the main male character and husband of Grace! It was easy to see how much Ryan loved Grace and he wanted to be with her and keep her safe! Like Grace, Ryan was hiding a big secret in this book and I couldn't believe it when it was revealed! Ryan had changed though and what he had done had impacted him, but he tried to be a better person and learn from it! He was quite manipulative as well! I loved that this book was written from both Grace and Ryan’s point of views! I wasn’t sure if it was going to be because the synopsis makes it sound like it was only going to be written from the female character’s point of view! Ryan’s point of view added to the plot and it was interesting to go inside his head and see how he really felt about Grace! It allowed for a few secrets to come out as well and for the reader to find them out at the same time as the characters! I can also completely understand why this book is a standalone! The ending was left at the perfect place for the characters and it left it at a really good ending! It summed up the plot as well and all the questions raised were answered! I now can't wait to see what this author is going to release next! I always look forward to a book from her and I can't wait to check out her other books that I haven't read yet as well! I can't find any information on her next release, but I know it's going to be amazing! I also love the cover for this book a lot! It really suits the feel of the book and would draw me to the book if I didn't already know the author's name! The cover models suits the relationship between Grace and Ryan as well! Big thank you to Kiersten, Bookouture and Netgalley for an ARC of Just Married!

No comments:

Post a Comment