About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Friday 30 December 2022

My Top Books of 2022!


 Hey, guys! It's that time of year again where I share my favourite books of the year! So, here is my list with my top books of 2022! I loved all of these books a lot! 

*All books are in no particular order!*

12. The Dinner Guests by Kiersten Modglin!

Six friends.
A lifetime of secrets.
One terrifying game.

When a group of friends receives unexpected invitations to a dinner party, they see it as a chance to finally meet the bizarre and reclusive new neighbor whose home is enshrouded in layers of security.

As the drinks are poured and dinner is served, the group begins to realize things are not what they seem. What starts out as an innocent night of fun soon becomes a seemingly calculated game filled with cryptic messages and chilling revelations.

With no way out, the guests are forced to play along in hopes of escape. Friendships fray, loyalties are tested, and the secrets they've kept from each other are revealed one by one.

Six friends walk into the house that night.
Will six friends make it out?


Check it out on Goodreads!

11. Winter of the Shadow Fae [Land of the Fae 01] by L.P. Dover!
(This book releases in January 2023, but I read it this year!)

Twenty-five years have passed since the darkness was defeated in the Land of the Fae. Since then, the realm has flourished under four courts.

Winter
Spring
Summer
Fall

However, nothing is as it seems. An evil lurks close by, known as… the Shadow Fae. Years ago a plan was set in motion to keep the darkness alive. But there is one who’s destined to defeat it.

Ella, the future queen of the Frost Court, has trained to embrace her destiny and save her people.

When Kai, the Shadow Fae leader, crosses paths with Ella, he knows it’s his time to strike. Yet things take a shocking turn when he begins to long for the one woman he’s supposed to kill. While passion ignites between the enemies, there is no escaping their fates. Ella is meant to save her people, and Kai has no choice but to end them. A decision must be made… and it could cost them everything.


Check it out on Goodreads!

10. Wingspan [Westbrook Elite 02] by Cambria Hebert!

Ever feel like you’re being watched?
It’s an awareness so familiar I adapted to it long ago.
Then I enrolled at Westbrook University to chase my dream
and make up for someone else’s lost one.
The prying eyes I’d known almost since birth…
They closed.
Even still, I never got too close.
I made friends with everyone but confided in no one.
My dates were carefully chosen,
meaning I went out with guys I didn’t really like.
And then I was attacked.
I slept in Jamie’s bed while he stayed near me on the floor.
He gave me his number, told me to call.
Oh, I wanted to call. But I didn’t.
Now those invisible, observant eyes that always seemed familiar have returned.
But this time? They chill me to the bone.
Someone is watching. Lurking.
And it’s only a matter of time until whoever is out there does more than stare.
The only place I feel truly safe is wrapped in the massive wingspan of an Elite swimmer.
The very man I know I need to avoid.
But as shit goes down, it becomes clear I’m going to have to surrender something…
My heart or my life.


Check it out on Goodreads!

9. What Was Meant To Be [Blurred Lines] by Q.B. Tyler!

Three years ago, Jacob Price walked away.
After a whirlwind steamy affair, my father's best friend broke my heart.
He told me things were too complicated. Messy. Wrong.
That we could never be together.
I knew he loved me but the fear of ruining our family was too great.
With too much at stake, he sacrificed our hearts and ended it.

Now, he's back and he still wants me.
He still loves me.

But now, I'm engaged to another man.


Check it out on Goodreads!

8.  Finding Layla [McIntyre Security Protectors 01] by April Wilson!

She survived an abduction. Now she's trying to get on with her life. But it's not easy being a university student with a challenging mental health condition. The "mean girl" voice in her head just won't leave her alone. To complicate matters, she's an heiress worth a not-so-small fortune. Enter her sexy new bodyguard, a former paramedic trained to deal with medically fragile clients. He's determined to help her live a normal life and do all the things she yearns to do. He just never counted on falling in love with her. He's honor-bound to keep things strictly professional between them, but that's hard to do when one look from her is enough to send him to his knees.


Check it out on Goodreads!

7. When Gracie Met the Grump by Mariana Zapata!

Of all the things that could have landed in her yard… it had to be him.

For most people, finding a half-naked superbeing in their yard might be a dream come true.

Unfortunately for Gracie Castro, it’s the exact opposite.

Especially when he’s grouchy, rude, and shows no signs of leaving anytime soon.

But when a hero of mankind needs you, you do what you have to.

Even if it compromises everything you know.

And totally changes your life.


Check it out on Goodreads!

6. Difference Trilogy by Aly Martinez!

Synopsis for book one, The Difference Between Somebody and Someone:

The world owes you nothing.

It took losing the woman I loved and facing the paralyzing task of moving on without her for me to truly understand that.

Consumed by regret and razor-sharp memories, I’d resigned myself to a life of loneliness until a survivor from the same plane crash that took my fiancée stormed into my life.

Remi Grey was chaos and sunshine, fire and freedom. With her in my arms, I began to believe that fate had other plans for me.

But as secrets of the past exploded around us, it seemed the only thing fated about our relationship was that I had been destined to lose her from the start.

The world owes you nothing. But for Remi, I would risk it all. No matter the cost.


Check it out on Goodreads!

5. Things We Never Got Over [Knockemout 01] by Lucy Score!

Escaping her seemingly perfect wedding, Naomi Witt arrives in rough-around-the-edges Knockemout, Virginia, running to the rescue of her estranged twin, Tina.

Too bad for Naomi her evil twin hasn't changed at all. After helping herself to Naomi's car and cash, Tina leaves her with something unexpected: the 11-year-old niece she didn't know she had. Now she's stuck in town with no job, no plan, no home and a whole lot of extra responsibility.

There's a reason local barber Knox doesn't do complications or high-maintenance women, especially not the romantic ones. But since Naomi's life imploded right in front of him, the least he can do is help her out of her jam. And just as soon as she stops getting into trouble, he can leave her alone and get back to his peaceful, solitary life.

At least that's the plan, until their lives begin to entwine in ways they never imagined . . .


Check it out on Goodreads!

4. Still Beating by Jennifer Hartmann!

When Cora attends her sister’s birthday party, she expects at most a hangover or a walk of shame. She doesn’t anticipate a stolen wallet, leaving her stranded and dependent on Dean—her arch nemesis and ultimate thorn in her side.

And she really doesn’t anticipate waking up in shackles in a madman’s basement.

To make matters worse, Dean shares the space in his own set of chains.

After fifteen years of teasing, insults, and practical jokes, the ultimate joke seems to be on them. The two people who always thought they’d end up killing each other must now work together if they want to survive.

But Cora and Dean have no idea their abductor has a plan for them. A plan that will alter the course of their relationship, blur the line between hate and love, and shackle them together with far more than just chains.


Check it out on Goodreads!

3. Twisted Games [Twisted 02] by Ana Huang!

She can never be his...but he's taking her anyway.

Stoic, broody, and arrogant, elite bodyguard Rhys Larsen has two rules: 1) Protect his clients at all costs 2) Do not become emotionally involved. Ever.

He has never once been tempted to break those rules…until her.

Bridget von Ascheberg. A princess with a stubborn streak that matches his own and a hidden fire that reduces his rules to ash. She’s nothing he expected and everything he never knew he needed.

Day by day, inch by inch, she breaks down his defenses until he’s faced with a truth he can no longer deny: he swore an oath to protect her, but all he wants is to ruin her. Take her.

Because she’s his.

His princess.
His forbidden fruit.
His every depraved fantasy.

***

Regal, strong-willed, and bound by the chains of duty, Princess Bridget dreams of the freedom to live and love as she chooses.

But when her brother abdicates, she’s suddenly faced with the prospect of a loveless, politically expedient marriage and a throne she never wanted.

And as she navigates the intricacies—and treacheries—of her new role, she must also hide her desire for a man she can’t have.

Her bodyguard.
Her protector.
Her ultimate ruin.

Unexpected and forbidden, theirs is a love that could destroy a kingdom…and doom them both.


Check it out on Goodreads!

2. If We Disappear Here by M Hayes!

They are marionettes under a concrete sky.

Pain shoots through Maeve Campbell’s body when she wakes cold and disoriented, locked in a neglected cement room.

Her drowsy eyes sweep the cell and land on a masculine, limp body across the room. Gripping his shoulder, she rolls him to his back, face angling toward her. Only it’s not who she thinks.

It’s not her husband.

And they aren’t alone. A stranger taunts them from within an old rusted speaker. A stranger who wants them to suffer.

With each passing day, and only each other to lean on, their determination becomes a fight not only for survival but for each other.


Check it out on Goodreads!

1. Wildflowers Duet by Micalea Smeltzer!

Synopsis for book one, The Confidence of Wildflowers:

My future is a big ‘what if’ at the moment and I’m fine with that.
For the most part.
When Thayer Holmes moves in next door, the grumpy landscaper both fascinates and amuses me.
When he asks me to nanny his kid, it’s a great way to make some extra money.
It’s impossible not to fall in love with Thayer and his adorable son.
There’s a big problem though.
I’m eighteen. He’s thirty-one.
Falling for someone almost fifteen years older than me wasn’t part of my plans, but sometimes things happen when you least expect them.


Check it out on Goodreads!

So there you have it! My top books of 2022! I hope you enjoyed reading some of these books as well! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment