About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 30, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Monday, 27 July 2026

Review: Across the Vanishing Sky [Starlight Grove 01] by Catherine Cowles!

Publication date: 3rd March 2026
Paperback edition: -
Source: Kindle
Rating: 4.5 stars
Synopsis: He spent a lifetime trying to escape his dark past…but to save her, he’ll wade back into the shadows.

Braedyn Winslow never expected to return to Starlight Grove—the town that took everything from her. Not after her best friend, the one who’d sacrificed so much for her, vanished without a trace. But with a young son to raise and a past that won’t stay buried, Brae is back…and determined to uncover the truth.

She just didn’t count on the brooding, reclusive mountain man living next door.

Dex Archer is the stuff of local legend—silent, rugged, and surrounded by whispers of his and his brothers’ violent father. But Brae sees through the scowl and his parentage to the man beneath: fiercely loyal, unexpectedly kind…and just dangerous enough to protect her when someone starts warning her off her search.

The closer she gets to the truth, the harder it is to stay away from Dex. And as things get more perilous, Brae realizes the only person she can rely on is the one man who swore never to trust again.

Only someone isn’t happy that Brae has been digging, and they’ll do anything to stop her. But Dex? He’ll do anything to save her, even slip back into the dark…

I’ve read a few books from this author now and I’ve enjoyed the books I’ve read from her! I was excited about this book because it sounded like exactly my kind of read! I grabbed a copy as soon as it released and read it as soon as I could! After reading, I can say that as much as I liked this book I did find that it dragged at a few points! I was more invested in the suspense element and I wanted more of it as the plot progressed! I found that the plot didn’t maybe progress as quickly as I would like! There was a lot of romance in the plot and I loved the way it developed because it was very back and forth! It allowed for some sexual tension and some very steamy scenes! There was also some action and suspense, which as I said, I wanted more of it, but I still enjoyed it and the impact it had on the plot! The characters were also amazing and made this book even better! Braedyn was the main female character, and in this book she has moved to a town that she had a past with! I had a lot of respect for Braedyn because she refused to give up on finding her friend and she wouldn't take no for an answer when it came to looking for her! Braedyn also tried her best with her son and she wanted the best for him! Dex was the main male character and love interest of Braedyn! Dex was a guy who was close with his brothers and he was judged for his father’s actions! I felt for Dex because he was hard on himself and he really shouldn’t have been because he was nothing like his father! I also loved Dex with Braedyn and he wanted to help her and supported her! It was also easy to see his feelings for her grow! This book was written from both Braedyn and Dex’s point of views! I was hoping that it was going to be before I started reading and the synopsis gives the impression that it’s going to be! I loved that it was because it helped me connect more with both characters and see their feelings for each other develop! It allowed for more things to happen in the plot as well, which helped as Braedyn and Dex didn’t spend every second of the plot together and they were both going through their own situations and dealing with a lot! I now can’t wait to read the next book in this series! I know that it releases very soon and I’m very excited about who the main characters are going to be! I’ll definitely be grabbing a copy as soon as it releases and reading it as soon as I can! I'm very excited for it! I also love the cover for this book a lot! I know that there’s a model cover for it and I adore that cover a lot! I do love the more discreet cover as well and both covers match the book perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment