Paperback edition: -
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: Daniela Williams is furious.
A nasty break up after being cheated on is a crappy way to start the year.
What's worse? Her ex and his new girlfriend are on Daniela's swim team.
If she wasn't so against showing she cares about anything, she'd drown him in the pool. This is what she gets for dating teammates.
But Daniela never admits defeat in anything - both in and out of the pool.
Enter Heath Belfort; a captivating and stupidly handsome local surfer. . . and her ex's biggest swimming rival. Heath smiles through her ex's jabs and beats him in every race. So, what better way to get revenge than to fake date the one person her ex hates most?
Heath's up for the challenge . . . on one Daniela agrees to tutor him so he can pass his history class.
Private lessons and staged kisses are just fine with her, but can anyone make it out of a fake relationship unscathed?
This book was my first read from this author! I had heard a few things about some of her other books and I had been looking to read a book from her! I was intrigued by the synopsis of this one and I’d already pre-ordered a signed paperback, so I requested an ARC! After reading, I can say that I enjoyed this book! I loved the direction the plot went in and it only took me a few sittings to read! There was a lot of romance in the plot and I loved the way it developed because it was very much opposites attract and the male character had golden retriever energy and the female character was snarky! I felt like the two of them balanced each other well and taught each other a lot! There was also a little big of action in the plot, but the romance aspect was definitely the main focus! The characters were amazing and made this book even better! Daniela “Dani” was the main character, and in this book she had just broken up with her cheating boyfriend and she wanted revenge! Dani was snarky, focused and I loved her! Did she sometimes say the wrong thing at the wrong time? Yes, but she also felt like everyone was against her and she didn't deserve to be loved! I felt like Dani came a long way in this book and she learned how to have fun and realised that swimming wasn't everything! Heath was the love interest of Dani! I loved Heath! He was very funny and straight with Dani! He also didn’t rise to her snarkiness and he taught her that she shouldn’t have to change herself to be accepted and that she deserved to be around people that genuinely cared about her! Heath was also a lovely guy and cared a lot about those around him! This book was only written from Dani’s point of view, which made sense because it was her story! The synopsis also gives the impression that it was going to be written this way! I did enjoy it only being written through Dani’s eyes, but I would have loved to have went inside Heath’s head and see Dani through his eyes because he had always had feelings for her! I was still able to connect with the other characters that I needed to and it helped me fully connect with Dani and understand her more! I can also completely understand why this book is a standalone! Everything in the plot was wrapped up and the questions answered! The ending was also left at the perfect place for the characters and showed how far they had both come! I now can’t wait to check out this author’s other books! They sound intriguing so I can't wait to give them a read soon and check out her future releases! The cover for this book is also stunning! It's what initially drew me to the book and made me check out the synopsis! I love it a lot and how well it suits the book and characters of Dani and Heath!

No comments:
Post a Comment