About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Sunday 28 September 2014

Review: ARV-3 [After Light 01] by Cameo Renae!


Publication date: 26th November 2013
Paperback edition: -
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: The beginning of the end. The Apocalypse.

A nuclear fallout wiped out every living thing on the planet, except for a few thousand of us who took shelter in underground bunkers across the globe. Now, after thirteen long years, we were finally able to return to the topside to begin to rebuild.

We thought we were alone. We were never more wrong.

Before the fallout, scientists had worked on creating an anti-radiation vaccine (ARV). The first two attempts failed, but despite the incomplete tests and results, the government approved and distributed the third serum to the masses in an effort to aid those who had no shelter.

It worked, keeping those who remained on the topside alive, but it also altered and mutated them. This new and infectious threat had completely outnumbered us. Now, we not only had to rebuild our planet. We would have to fight for it.

My name is Abigail Park. I’m seventeen, and this is my story.


I had been desperate to read this book! I'm a huge fan of dystopian, apocalyptic books, so I knew that I was going to love this one! And love it I did! This book was amazing! It was really unique as well! I haven't read anything quite like it! The plot of this book was insane! There was so much going on and there was never a dull moment that would ever make you want to put the book down! Like, ever! I loved that there was also plenty of background in this book about what made the world come to an end and how people survived! The aspect of the mutants was also pretty original, as they were kind of like zombies, but they weren't because the mutants were still human in a way! And also, their bites could turn you and they had to survive by eating human flesh! The mutants were a fresh idea and a new take on a dystopian, apocalyptic book! The plot also went in a different direction to what I was expecting, but I really, really enjoyed it! I was expecting the plot to go in a way of the characters trying to survive in the outside world with the mutants, and they did for some of the book, but then a lot of the plot was based in a compound of sort, which, if I'm honest, I was kinda expecting to happen in the next book lol! I did enjoy where the overall plot went though and I did think that this book was a standalone to start with, so it would have been perfect if it had been! I'm so happy it's a series though! The characters were amazing! Abigail was the main character and this book was written from her point of view! I loved Abi! There were some times in this book where I thought she maybe overreacted a little and she just had to listen, but apart from that, she was a genuine person who was having to adjust to living in a dangerous world! Abi was also such a such a fighter! She was always willing to risk her own life in order to save someone else's and that's something I strongly admired about her! I hope she stays like this in the next book! She was also acted just like a normal girl, but I loved that she had a bit of a rebelious streak to her too! She was willing to go to all lengths to find out the truth, which I loved! Finn was the love interest of Abi and I have to admit that I wasn't sure if there was going to be a romance in this book, but I'm so happy there was! Finn was such a sweetheart! He was there for Abi from page one and I loved how protective he was of her as well! Plus, he was so hot! My heart was in my mouth for Finn at the end of this book! I had no idea what was going to happen to him! The secondary characters in this book also added so much to the plot! I can't wait to see them develop in the next book! As I said, I thought that this book was a standalone when I first heard about it, but I'm really happy to discover that it's actually the beginning of a series! I cannot wait to read the next book in this series and see what's going to happen next! Plus, the ending of this book left it at a great place, but I did think it was slightly rushed! The cover for this book is absolutely perfect! It represents what happened in the book brilliantly as well! I love it! Big thank you to Cameo for a copy of ARV-3!

No comments:

Post a Comment