About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Wednesday 28 October 2015

Review: Power Play [Risky Business 01] by Tiffany Snow!

Publication date: 30th June 2015
Paperback edition: 352 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 4.5 stars
Synopsis: THIS KIND OF BUSINESS CAN ONLY BE PERSONAL


Sage Reese lives for her job. More precisely, she lives for her debonair boss, Parker Andersen. Sage handles everything for Parker, even as she fantasizes about the one thing that isn't in her job description: him. But when a high-stakes account crosses the line from shady to deadly, a tough cop starts giving Sage the attention she wishes Parker would . . .

Detective Dean Ryker couldn't be more different from Parker. While Parker wears expensive suits like a second skin and drives a BMW, Ryker's uniform is leather jackets and jeans . . . and his ride of choice is a Harley. While Parker's sexiness is a reserved, slow burn, Ryker is completely upfront about what-and who-he's after. And Sage tops his list.

Now, as Ryker digs deeper into the dark side of Parker's business, Sage finds herself caught between two men: the one she's always wanted-and the one who makes her feel wanted like never before . . .  


I'm a really big fan of this author, and I've loved her other books that I've read, so I couldn't wait for this book to release so that I could read it! I grabbed a copy of it as soon as the ebook released in July and started reading it straightaway! I was then recently contacted by the UK publisher about reviewing this book for them! I really enjoyed this book, so I said instantly said yes and received a paperback from them! The plot had some suspense, a bit of action, and a love triangle in it, which is everything that I love in the plot of a book! Well, maybe not a love triangle lol, but who can say no to two hot guys, right? ;) The plot of this book was amazing! I had such a hard time putting it down once I started reading and I finished it in a few sittings! It did keep me intrigued as I wasn't quite sure where it was going to go! It also had some twist and turns in it that made me really unsure as to where the plot could go lol! Overall, I really enjoyed the plot and I loved the amount of romance in it! The characters were also amazing! Sage was the main character, and she was someone who was sort of dragged into the danger in this book! She did kind of put herself in danger at some points too though! I liked Sage, like really liked her, but I wish she hadn't rushed about after one of her love interests so much! I mean, I understood that he was her boss and it was her job, but I'm pretty sure she wasn't on call 24/7 and that she was entitled to a break! I wished she had stood up for herself a little bit more! She did become more fiery as the book progressed though, which I liked! I could also see that Sage had genuine feelings for both her love interests, and I liked that she didn't really play them both off against each other! As I mentioned above, there was a love triangle in this book! The love triangle was between Sage and her two love interests, Parker and Ryker! I honestly couldn't pick between both guys! I felt like I was slightly more Team Ryker though, as he was more open with Sage, even though he did hide a few things from her! I didn't think that any of the guys really deserved a relationship with Sage to be honest at the start of this book lol! Ryker was kind of just using Sage to get information on Parker, and then Parker was hiding a lot of things from Sage! It was weird because I don't think I've read a love triangle like it before lol! I did start to respect both guys more as the book progressed and they started being honest! Both guys were seriously hot too! I can't wait to read the next book in this series! I'm really happy that I don't have to wait too long for it to release! I would be on pins and needles for it! Well, I guess I will be until I have a copy lol! The ending of this book wasn't left at a huge cliff-hanger though, so I should be okay until then lol! I did love where the book ended! The cover for this book would definitely draw me to it! I love it as the UK cover and the US cover is seriously hot too, so I love that one too! Big thank you to Piatkus for a review copy of Power Play!

 
Check it out on Goodreads!

No comments:

Post a Comment