About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Tuesday 22 November 2016

Release Day Blitz & Review: Words I Couldn't Say [Promise in Prose 01] by Tessa Teevan!


Publication date: 22nd November 2016
Paperback edition: -
Source: Kindle
Rating: 4 stars

SynopsisYou know the old adage “if you love something, set it free?"
It's the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.
The dumbest thing I've ever done.

I loved her. I lost her. Hell, I let her go. And then spent five miserable years without her.

To cope with the loss, I put pen to paper and wrote her a love story, knowing when she was ready she’d hear the words I couldn’t say all those years ago.

Turned out, not only would she hear them, but when Hollywood came calling, I made sure she got the lead role. After all, no one else could portray the character whom she’d inspired. Now she's within arms' reach and finally, she'll know the truth in my heart.

Because that other cliché, “Actions speak louder than words?”
I’m going to prove it.
My words may have brought Ava Banks back into my life; I have to be enough to make her stay.


I've read a few of this author's books, but I've only read the first book in the Explosive series, which this book is a spin-off to! This book sounded like my kind of read, so I opted to review it as well as sign up for the Release Day Blitz! The cover is also seriously hot! I started reading this book as soon as I received my ARC, and I have to be honest and say that it took me weeks to read! I read half of it in a few sittings, but then I couldn't really get into the story, so I left it and then went back and read the other half a few weeks later! This actually made me enjoy the book a lot more! I also felt like this book was a little slow to start and really grip me and keep me hooked! This is why I took it down a star, which I really hated to do because the character develop was brilliant! I also loved the whole concept of the plot and I loved the background of the characters relationship! There were also plenty of seriously hot scenes, which made me very happy! The scenes were seriously hot and steamy! The plot also got better and better as it developed and I loved the few twist and turns in it to keep it interesting! The characters were also amazing and made this book for me! Ava was the main female character, and she was someone who had left the person she loved and her family and went away to make a career for herself! I did admire this about Ava, but it was easy to see how lonely she was and how much she missed the people she left behind! As soon as Ava came back to her hometown, she felt at home and could be herself! Ava also came a long way in this book and I found myself liking her more and more as the plot developed! I started to connect with her more and understand her more, which was good! Tucker was the main male character and love interest of Ava! It did take a while for Tucker to actually be with Ava, apart from the past scenes, but it was worth the wait! Tucker was also seriously hot and I loved how far he had come in this book! He had lost the people closest to him, but he still had to power on and keep going! This made me admire Tucker a lot! I also loved the way Tucker was with Ava! It was easy to see the amount of love he had for her and he was protective of her and wouldn't let her get away again! I loved that this book was written from both Ava and Tucker's point of views! I was hoping that it was going to be as the synopsis only makes it sound like it was going to be written from Tucker's point of view! It helped me connect more with both characters and it allowed for more things to happen in the plot! I'm also definitely going to read the next book in this series! I'm assuming that Ava and Tucker aren't going to be the main characters as the ending to this book was perfect, so I am curious as to who the main characters are going to be in the next book! As I said, the cover for this book is seriously hot! I loved it as soon as I saw it and it definitely drew me to the book! I really wanted to read the story behind it and the models are perfect for the characters! Big thank you to Tessa and Southern Belle Promotions for an ARC of Words I Couldn't Say!

 
Check it out on Goodreads!

Buy your copy from Amazon
 
 
Author bio:

Tessa Teevan is a twenty-something book junkie who is also obsessed with sports. Bengals, Buckeyes, Reds are who she spends her time rooting for. She’s a research analyst by day, reads/writes by night, and is married to a guy 15 inches taller than her, making them quite the pair! They currently reside just outside of Dayton, OH with two adorably grumpy cats.
 
If she’s not writing or scouring through tons of photos of hot men, all in the name of research, then you can probably find her curled up with her Kindle, ignoring the rest of the world. She loves her sports almost as much as she loves her books. Her other obsessions include red wine, hot men, rock music, and all things Corey Taylor.
 
She adores hearing from readers, so please feel free to contact via any social media site listed below.

No comments:

Post a Comment