About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Saturday 26 April 2014

Review: The Resurrection of Aubrey Miller by L.B. Simmons!


Publication date: 25th April 2014
Paperback edition: -
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: Death.

For some, it’s simply one of life’s certainties, nothing more. For others, it’s merely a fleeting thought, one often overshadowed by the reckless delusion that they have been blessed with the gift of immortality.

For Aubrey Miller, death is the definition of her very existence. Overcome with the guilt resulting from the loss of her beloved family, she alters her appearance from the once beautiful, blonde-haired, blue-eyed little girl to that of one shrouded in complete darkness, enveloping herself in her own unbreakable fortress of solitude as a form of protection for others.

As she enters her first year of college, her goal is simple: Earn a degree with the least amount of social interaction as possible. What she never anticipates is the formation of very unlikely relationships with two people who will change her life in ways she never believed possible: Quinn Matthews, the boisterous former pageant queen, and Kaeleb McMadden, a childhood friend from her past who never really let her go.

Over the years, as their connections intertwine and grow, a seemingly indestructible bond is formed between the three…

But when death painfully reemerges, Aubrey is lost once again, burying herself deeper than ever before inside the familiar fortification of her fears.

Will the refuge of friendship, the solidarity of life-long bonds, and the power of unconditional love be enough to do the impossible?

Will they be enough to finally bring about…

The Resurrection of Aubrey Miller?

Favourite quote: "As long as you continue to travel through life in this darkness, you will never know how beautiful your light truly shines when you let yourself love and be loved. Trust me when I say, it's a breathtaking sight to see. You burn as bright as the sun."

OMG! This is again one of the best books I've read this year so far! I fell completely in love with it and I would recommend it to anyone! This book was about realisation and about a girl who had been through Hell and back, realise her true worth and face her fears! I went through a whirlwind of emotions while reading this book and that's the kind of thing that happens when I know that a book's going to stay with me! There is no doubt about it that this book is definitely going to stay with me! The plot of this book dealt with so many issues! Some not related to the main character, and some which were! The plot was so hard to read at some points because I felt myself getting really emotional, but it was so beautiful and I can't fault it at all! I could definitely see that the author had poured her heart and soul into it! It was absolutely amazing and had me hooked from the first page! The characters were absolutely amazing! Aubrey was the main character and she was one of the most broken characters I've ever read! Aubrey felt like she didn't deserve love because bad things happened to the people she loved, but she didn't realise that she was pushing the people who loved her away! She hid behind a façade for some of this book, but there was a large portion where we saw the real, carefree version of her! My heart just went out to Aubrey, but she came so far in this book and she was a completely different person at the end! I just wanted to grab her in a massive hug and comfort her and show her that she was worth everything! Kaeleb was the love interest of Aubrey and he was there for her all the way through this book! He was the one who showed her just how important she was and how much she was worth! I adored Kaeleb! He told Aubrey straight and he didn't sugar-coat things for her, which is what she needed to help her understand just how deep his feelings for her were! Kaeleb was also really gentle with Aubrey, even though he told her straight! The ending of this book was just... wow! It was just absolutely perfect! I also have to admit that I shed tears! Happy tears, of course! It just summed up how far Aubrey had come and how much she had achieved! I'm also completely, 100% happy that this book is a standalone! Everything was just perfect with the summing up of the plot and the characters! The cover for this book is absolutely stunning! I actually can't get over how beautiful it is! You also realise just how perfectly it suits the book after you read it too! Big thank you to L.B. Simmons for an ARC of The Resurrection of Aubrey Miller!

No comments:

Post a Comment