About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Monday 28 July 2014

Review: The World Without a Future [The World Without End 01] by Nazarea Andrews!

 
Publication date: 1st December 2013
Paperback edition: 358 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: She was born the day the world ended…

Nurrin has lived her entire life with zombies—trapped behind walls meant to keep them safe. She’s mostly happy there. But when a zombie horde breach the walls of her Haven, she has to trust her brother, Collin, and his best friend to keep her alive.

He just wants his past to die…

Finn O’Malley has given up on voicing warnings that are ignored. No one cares that the zombies are changing. Now all that matters is keeping Collin and Nurrin safe from what’s outside the walls of a Haven. But when Nurrin’s best friend picks up a contact infection, he agrees to get the medicine needed to save his life. Forced together, relying on each other in a strange Haven, zombies aren’t the most dangerous thing they’re facing.

In their world, only one thing remains true: everything ends in blood.


I discovered this book when I was actually looking up another book from this author lol! I was really intrigued by the cover, so I clicked on it to read the synopsis and I knew I had to read it right away! I'll read any book with zombies in it lol! I wanted to read this book that much that I actually stopped reading my current read and read this book lol! It was definitely worth it because this book was amazing! I couldn't put it down and finished it in a couple of sittings! The plot was full of action and suspense and had me gripped! I didn't want to put it down! I loved everything about it and it was developed brilliantly! There were also some twist and turns in the plot that made me desperate to read on and find out what was going to happen next! As if I needed anymore reason to read on, right? Lol! The characters were amazing! Nurrin 'Ren' was the main female character and I loved her! She actually reacted differently to what I was expecting her to act like in this book! I thought she was going to be a really kick-ass character, but she was actually quite a vulnerable character and she was really unsure about the world she was having to face! I could completely understand all this! Nurrin did become more confident as this book progressed though and she wasn't the same person at the end as she was at the beginning! She grew a lot too and I hope she continues to grow in the next book! I'm excited to read more about her and see her develop more as a character! Finn was the main male character and he sort of sounded like he had a stick up his ass for most of this book! I mean, he was so freaking hot, but he had such a controlling manner about him! I could understand why he was like this though because of the kind of world he was now in! I did love Finn and I loved how protective he was of Nurrin! I could see that he had feelings for her and I hope those feelings develop in the next book! I'm pretty sure they will because they did have some pretty hot scenes in this book! Finn did do some things that really surprised me in this book, but in a strange way I could understand why he did them! He did them to protect the people he cared about and this actually made me love him that little bit more and also respect him a lot more! I wasn't expecting this book to be split into sections and for the first section to be written from Nurrin's point of view, the second section to be written from Finn's point of view, the third section to be Nurrin's point of view and then the last section to go back to Finn's point of view! It added so much to the book though and I loved that I got to learn more about Finn by being able to go inside his head! The ending of this book was such a cliff-hanger! I could maybe have guessed it, but I hoped it wasn't going to end like that! It was a really good ending though! I can't wait to read the next book in this series! I'm so excited to find out what's going to happen next and I'm kinda lucky that I don't have to wait too long for the next book! The cover for this book suits it perfectly! It's actually what drew me to the book to start with! I absolutely love it and it's perfect for the story!

No comments:

Post a Comment