About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Sunday 31 May 2015

Review: Rogue [Talon 02] by Julie Kagawa!

 
Publication date: 7th May 2015
Paperback edition: 400 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: Ember Hill left the dragon organization Talon to take her chances with rebel dragon Cobalt and his crew of rogues. But Ember can't forget the sacrifice made for her by the human boy who could have killed her—Garret Xavier Sebastian, a soldier of the dragonslaying Order of St. George, the boy who saved her from a Talon assassin, knowing that by doing so, he'd signed his own death warrant.

Determined to save Garret from execution, Ember must convince Cobalt to help her break into the Order's headquarters. With assassins after them and Ember's own brother helping Talon with the hunt, the rogues find an unexpected ally in Garret and a new perspective on the underground battle between Talon and St. George.

A reckoning is brewing and the secrets hidden by both sides are shocking and deadly. Soon Ember must decide: Should she retreat to fight another day…or start an all-out war?
 
After finishing the first book in this series, I moved onto this book straightaway! I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next, even though I was a little disappointed with the pace of the first book and that there wasn't a lot of action and suspense in it! I love every minute of reading this book though! The pace of this book was perfect too! I just adored this book! It was continued on perfectly from the first book and there was plenty of romance, action and suspense in it to keep me desperate to read on and find out what was going to happen next! The plot was also amazing! I had a few ideas as to where it could go, and some of the things I thought could happen did happen, but there were some surprises in there too! The plot was also kick-ass and was packed full of action and suspense! I had such a hard time putting it down until I had finished it! There were quite a few twist and turns in the plot too that left me with my mouth hanging open! The characters were again amazing! Ember was again the male female character, and she was so fierce in this book! She had grown so much from the girl she was in the first book and she learned a lot in this book about her dragon world! She was a lot stronger too! I was really impressed with Ember and actually preferred her in this book to the first book! She was also kick-ass and she proved this again and again in this book! I also like that she didn't play the two guys that liked her off against each other! It told me a lot about the kind of person she was! I connected really well with Ember too, and didn't lost that connection once throughout the book! Garrett and Riley/Cobalt were again the main male characters in this book, and the love triangle between the two guys and Ember was back full force in this book! I loved the love triangle and I still haven't picked a side between the guys lol! How can you! Both guys were seriously hot and really protective of Ember! I could also see that they both had strong feelings for Ember! I loved Garrett and Riley/Cobalt in this book! They used to be on opposite sides, but in this book they had to work together, and work together they did! They were just amazing characters and they really impressed me! I'm hoping they're both going to be in the next book! This book was written from Ember, Garrett, Riley/Cobalt, and Ember's brother, Dante's, point of views! I loved all the different point of views! I normally don't like reading books from more than two different point of views, but I loved this book being written from quite a few! It added a lot to the plot! I'm really excited about the next book in this series! I'm just upset I have to wait so long for it lol! It says it won't be released until 2017, so it's going to be a very long wait lol! Again, I love the cover for this book! It suits the book perfectly and also matches the first book's cover brilliantly! I love that the UK publisher kept the same cover to the US cover too! Big thank you to Mira Ink and Maximum Pop! for a copy of Talon for review!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment