About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Thursday 14 July 2016

Review: The Game That Breaks Us [Us 03] by Micalea Smeltzer!

 
Publication date: 27th June 2016
Paperback edition: -
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: Hockey’s bad boy needs to clean up his reputation…

Bennett James has built his career at being the best, on and off the ice, and now it’s come back to bite him. The media has turned against him, and with a near career-ending injury, he needs to clean up his act and prove that he’s serious about the game. For Bennett, working with his old coach at his alma mater feels like a step back, but it might be just what he needs.

…and she’s going to help him do it.

Grace Wentworth has always been the good girl, and she’s tired of that stigma. She wants to prove that she can get down and dirty with the best of them. The problem? She doesn’t know how.

Bennett will teach the good girl how to be bad, if she pretends to be his goody two-shoes girlfriend in front of the media.

But what happens when the game becomes real?
 
I was so happy when I received an ARC of this book from this author! I'm a huge fan of this author's books and I loved the other books in this series a lot, so I couldn't wait to read this book! It sounded amazing and I adore the cover! I started this book as soon as I received my ARC and it only took me a few sittings to read! I was reading it every free moment I had because I was completely immersed in the characters story! The plot was also amazing! It developed at the perfect pace and the romance in it leaked off the pages! I just couldn't get enough of it! There were a few seriously hot scenes in the plot too and I really liked that the characters actually got to know each other before starting a proper relationship! It told me a lot about the kind of people the characters were and I loved that they didn't just jump into a relationship! There also wasn't lots, if any, action and suspense in the plot, but the romance was definitely enough to keep me hooked! Overall, I just loved the plot and I loved everything about it! The characters were also amazing and made this book for me! Bennett was the main male character, and he was a guy that knew that he was hot, and he played on it! He was a bit cocky and a womaniser at the beginning of this book, but he wasn't like this as the plot and his relationship with his love interest, Grace, progressed! He became such a genuinely nice guy and you could see that he had developed deep feelings for Grace! Bennett was also seriously hot and he was such a sweet guy at times and loved winding Grace up! I loved how protective he was of Grace too! He was fiercely protective of her and it was easy to see! Grace was the main female character and love interest of Bennett! Grace was such a sweet character in this book, but she also became more fiery and confident as the plot progressed! Grace was also someone who never strayed from the rules and always tried to do the right thing, but she wanted to step outside her comfort zone and become 'bad', which is where Bennett came in! He showed Grace how to live on the wild side and how to let herself go and have some fun! I just loved Grace in this book and I loved how she kept Bennett in check and didn't take any crap from him! She grew a lot in this book too! I also loved that this book was written from both Bennett and Grace's point of views! It was expecting it to be, so I'm really happy it was! It made the plot even better and allowed for more things to happen in it! It also helped me connect more with the two main characters too! I also can't wait to read the next book in this series! I mean, I hope there's going to be another book, but I'm not 100% sure if there is going to be! I know it'll be a standalone book if there is another book, so I'm excited to read the next book if there is one! The cover for this book is absolutely stunning! I loved it as soon as I saw it and the models on the front are the perfect Bennett and Grace! I can't believe how perfect the models are for the characters! Big thank you to Micalea for an ARC of The Game That Breaks Us!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment