About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Friday 1 February 2013

Review: Obtained [Obtained 01] by Shanora Williams!

Publication date: 21st December 2012
Paperback edition: -
Source: Kindle
Rating: 4 stars
Synopsis: There is no coincidence that Jules Maddox seems so familiar to Alexandria Marshall and when Jules fights off an attacker for her, she realizes that there are reasons why he always runs away without letting her get a word in. Alexandria can't keep Jules off of her mind but when Felix Wells appears at her doorstep, it isn't too long before Jules shows up again and things begin to unravel.
She falls for Felix on the first day of meeting him and when Jules finds out, he decides to tell her everything that she can't remember because of her memory loss that happened four years before.
What she doesn't know is that she and Jules are mates and if the Leaders find out that she is dealing with two men, the Leaders will be sure to come and end both of their lives. She'll try to avoid Felix for her life and her mate but Felix won't make it easy and he won't give up until he can obtain her.


I received an ARC of this book but I had been seriously busy and didn't get a chance to read it until now! I was between 4 and 5 stars for this book as I think that sometimes it was a bit slow but then something big would happen which would drawn me back in again! I wasn't expecting the paranormal element to the plot at all so I was very surprised with what the paranormal element was! I have to say though that I did love the paranormal aspect to Obtained! The plot instantly drew me in as soon as I started reading and I really enjoyed it! There was also loads of action in it as well! I loved the characters as well as the plot! Alexandria "Alex" Marshall was the main character and Obtained was told from her point of view! Alex was such a strong character! I really connected with her and I loved that she didn't believe Jules when he told her what he was and that he had to prove it to her! I also love that Alex didn't use Jules and Felix! There was most definitely a love triangle in this book between Alex, Jules and Felix! This is the first time that I have ever read a love triangle and I have no idea which side I am on! I loved Jules and Felix for different reasons! I loved how protective the both of them were of Alex and I loved both of their relationship developments with her as well! The ending of this book was just full of action and I couldn't believe who the bad guy turned out to be! I am really looking forward to seeing where the next book in the series goes and the girl on the cover is exactly how I pictured Alex! Big thank you to Shanora for an ARC of Obtained!

OBTAINED (OBTAINED, Book #1)

No comments:

Post a Comment