About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Thursday 30 May 2013

Review: Lost & Found [Lost & Found 01] by Nicole Williams!

Publication date: 7th May 2013
Paperback edition: -
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: There’s complicated. And there’s Rowen Sterling.

After numbing pain for the past five years with boys, alcohol, and all-around apathy, she finds herself on a Greyhound bus to nowhere Montana the summer after she graduates high school. Her mom agreed to front the bill to Rowen’s dream art school only if Rowen proves she can work hard and stay out of trouble at Willow Springs Ranch. Cooking breakfast at the crack of dawn for a couple dozen ranch hands and mucking out horse stalls are the last things in the world Rowen wants to spend her summer doing.

Until Jesse Walker saunters into her life wearing a pair of painted-on jeans, a cowboy hat, and a grin that makes something in her chest she’d thought was frozen go boom-boom. Jesse’s like no one else, and certainly nothing like her. He’s the bright and shiny to her dark and jaded.

Rowen knows there’s no happily-ever-after for the golden boy and the rebel girl—happily-right-now is a stretch—so she tries to forget and ignore the boy who makes her feel things she’s not sure she’s ready to feel. But the more she pushes him away, the closer he seems to get. The more she convinces herself she doesn’t care, the harder she falls.

When her dark secrets refuse to stay locked behind the walls she’s kept up for years,
Rowen realizes it’s not just everyone else she needs to be honest with. It’s herself.

Favourite quote: "We will all, at some point in our lives, fall. Every single one of us." He hoisted himself up beside me and moved closer. "We shouldn't spend our time trying to avoid falling. We should spend it finding someone who will help us up."

I would do anything in the world to give this book more than 5 stars! It deserves so much more then that! This book was phenomenal! I have been an avid fan of Nicole Williams since I first discovered Crush in August last year and I have loved all of the books that I had read by her since! As soon as I heard about Lost & Found I knew that I was going to read it! In fact as soon as I read the word cowboy in the synopsis I knew that I was going to read it! I mean who doesn't love a cowboy? This book really did blow my mind! It may just be my favourite book of the year so far! During this book I laughed, I smiled and I sobbed like a baby! The plot of this book was quite easy to follow but there were some twists in it as well which I enjoyed! The plot was about learning to trust someone and through that person eventually learning to trust yourself! I went through a lot of emotions with the plot and I wouldn't of had it any other way! The characters were beyond amazing! Rowen was the main character and she was so easy for me to connect with! She hid herself away and tried so hard to downgrade herself but not realising that she was just like everyone else and that she really was an amazing person! I felt sorry for her as she had been through a lot with her mum and that's why she was forced to hide herself away! I loved that Jesse showed Rowen that she was perfect and that she didn't have to hide anymore! Jesse Walker! Even his name is sexy! He was one of the hottest male characters that I have ever read! I adored him right from the start! He was exactly what Rowen needed! Jesse and Rowen as a couple were on fire! Even when they were just in the same room it was on fire! When they were together my insides were squirming as I knew that one of them was going to do something to the other one and it was going to be hot! I would love another book to this one and I judging from the end I kind of think that there could be! The end left it fully resolved but it sort of left me with the feeling that there might be more to Rowen's story! How hot is that cover? Don't the colours just pop? I am in love with it and I can guarantee that it will be on my bookcase in paperback very soon!

Lost and Found

No comments:

Post a Comment