About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Monday 23 December 2013

Author Interview: Kristin Mayer!


Hi Kristin! Thank you for joining us! To start us off, is there anything you'd love to tell us about yourself?
 
Thank you, for having me. Let's see, which adventure should I tell you about today. I love to have fun and laugh. I'm fairly goofy and right now I'm pretty much in love with the movie Frozen. The kiddo and I have had so much fun dancing and singing about.
 
Are you surprised by the response you have had for the first book in the Trust series, Trust Me?
 
I am so humbled and blessed with the reception of Trust Me. I can’t believe it. The readers and bloggers who have read it have been wonderful with all the comments. I appreciate every note, review, and message I receive regarding the book. It’s a dream come true.
 
For the readers out there that haven't read Trust Me, could you give us five words as to how you would describe it, please?

Let’s see that’s hard… but these are the first words that came to mind.

1. Different
2. Sports
3. Love
4. Mystery
5. Trust

Do you have a playlist for your books or for when you write? If so, what kind of songs are on it?

I actually don’t write to music. I normally have the T.V. on low in the background, but don’t pay attention to it. I use it for the ambient noise. I tried writing to music a few different times, but I end up singing and dancing to it which makes it hard to write. Ha-ha!

Do you have a favorite quote from Trust Me?

I do. I think it sums up the essence of the book in so many ways.

 “Love is giving someone the chance to hurt you but trusting them not to.”

Who is your favorite character from Trust Me?

Oh, I could never pick. That would be like picking a favourite kid, niece or nephew. I love all my characters in a different way.

Are you currently writing anything? Can you tell us anything about it please?

I just turned over Love Me, Book 2, to my editor for Proofreading. I will be working on Promise Me now. It’s nearly complete and will go to the editor in January.

Trust Me, Book 1 of Trust Series: Story of Alli & Damien
Love Me, Book 2 of Trust Series: Continuation of Alli & Damien
Promise Me, Book 3 of Trust Series: Sam’s Story

I have another 2 book series I’ll begin writing in January.

Could we possibly have a teeny, tiny teaser from the next book in the Trust series, Love Me, to tide us over until its release?

For you, absolutely.

“I’m going to cherish you, Alli, for the rest of our lives and then some.” He comes toward me slowly as he unbuttons his shirt, displaying his toned chest. “I’m going to spend the rest of our lives making you happy.” His shirt drops to the floor as he goes for his belt buckle. “I’m going to be your forever.”

Do you have any advice for aspiring writer/authors?

Write from your heart. Enjoy the ups and the downs. It’s all part of the wonderful journey of publishing your first book.

Is there anything you'd like to say to your fans/readers?

Thank you for all your support, kind words, and enthusiasm for Trust Me. Each and every one of you have made the experience incredible.


Quickfire Round!

Favorite Food: Fried Eggplant
Favorite Country: Italy
Favorite Color: Purple
Favorite Animal: Labrador Dog
Favorite Book: No way could I ever choose
Favorite Movie: Gone With the Wind
Favorite Drink: Water
Favorite Restaurant: Cheesecake Factory

Author bio:

Kristin Mayer is a wife, a proud mother, and a full-time Analyst and Import Manager. Since an early age, she has always enjoyed reading and writing. While visiting her father one weekend, he suggested that she should take up writing again. With family and a career, she didn’t give it a lot of thought, until a story entered her mind and wouldn’t leave. It just kept forming and developing over a couple of months.
At the beginning of 2013, she decided to sit down and write it all down, but she kept it to herself. One sentence developed into two, and before she knew it, she had the makings of a novel.

Kristin tries to live life to the fullest during every moment. She loves to travel and meet new people. She holds a degree in International Business and uses it daily in her job. Kristin now adds “author” on her list of jobs, and feels very blessed and thankful.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment