About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Sunday 22 December 2013

Review: In Control [The City 02] by Crystal Serowka!

Publication date: 22nd December 2013
Paperback edition: -
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: I wasn’t a typical teenager.
I’d been through more rough patches than a weed eater.
I didn’t grow up behind a white picket fence.
I didn’t go to Sunday school.
My body was no temple, though it was worshiped by many.
Girls kept their boyfriends away from me for good reason.
I was desired.
Wanted.
Admired.
While my friends were following the rules, I was breaking them.
I’m careless.
Reckless.
Uncontrollable.
I don’t apologize for who I am.
I embrace it.
But all things must come to an end.
He was my new beginning.

Favourite quote: "Love isn't something you hide from. Love isn't something you trade in. Love is a priority. It's the one thing in people's lives that makes them want to live."

This book was unreal! I had been desperate to read it since I read the first book in this series and even though I knew this book wasn't going to have the same main character, I still couldn't wait to read it! The synopsis of this book doesn't even give you a hint to what happens in it, but it sums up the main character perfectly! This book took me completely by surprise and made my heart break! It was such an emotional read! The plot of this book was written exceptionally well! I was sucked right in and once I stared reading, I couldn't put it down until I had finished reading every word! The plot was so sad and hard to read, but it had light to it as well! It was about a girl, who had had a really tough life, learn to move on and finally see herself for who she really was! I also have to point out that I loved that this book was written in a 'now' and 'then' format, as it really showed me just how hard the main character's life had been and it really hit me hard, as it showed the full extent of what the main character had been through! The characters were absolutely amazing! Kinsley was the main character in this book and she appeared in the first book in this series, In the Air, but she was only a secondary character! I couldn't wait to read her story, but I never expected her background to have been so hard! My heart broke for Kinsley as I learned about her life! Nobody should ever have to be submitted to a life like that, but the author didn't hold back and she showed the full extent of what Kinsley went and had been through in her life! I really have to admire the author for that! Kinsley was such a beautiful and sweet person, but she had been through a lot and what she had been through affected how she reacted and made her close up! I completely understood why she had a hard time trying to engage in a romantic relationship as opposed to a sexual relationship, as she had been violated in the worst way and she doubted her worth because of it! Kinsley was so much stronger than she knew and it took her until the very end of this book to realise just how strong she really was! Kinsley did have two love interests in this book, Wren and Porter, but one was in the 'now' stages and one was in the 'then' stages! I do have to admit that I definitely preferred Wren over Porter, as Porter was all about fitting in and having friends and he only really wanted a sexual relationship with Kinsley, whereas Wren was more about wanting a romantic relationship with Kinsley and he wanted her to open up to him! I could tell that Wren had genuine feelings for Kinsley as well! Plus, Porter started out really nice and then turned into an ass! I'm not sure if there's going to be another book to this series or a novella to Kinsley's story, as this book did end beautifully, but quite abrupt, so I think a novella would be an awesome idea! I will say that I'm definitely looking forward to reading more from this author and I can't wait to see what she's going to release next! The cover for this book is so beautiful! I haven't seen a cover like it before! It's beyond stunning! Big thank you to Crystal for an ARC of In Control!

No comments:

Post a Comment