About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Tuesday 6 January 2015

Review: #Nerd [Hashtag 01] by Cambria Hebert!


Publication date: 3rd November 2014
Paperback edition: -
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis:
Two people from completely different worlds are about to be thrown together…

In more ways than one.

She wants to keep her scholarship. He wants to stay on the team. An awkward alliance doesn’t even begin to cover Rimmel and Romeo’s relationship.

But that’s about to change.

It starts with a dare. An initiation. A challenge.

Quickly, it turns into more. But when you’re a victim of your status, there is no room for anything real. The rules are clear and simple.

Stick to your circle.

And never fall in love with anyone on the outside.


I was really excited when I heard about this book! I'm a huge fan of this author and I've loved all her other books, so I was really excited about this book! I was even more excited after I saw the cover! I mean, come on! That's one seriously awesome cover, right? I adored this book! It had a bit of a clichéd concept to it, but it was different to books like it, which made me really intrigued by it! I just loved everything about it! The plot was amazing! As I said, it was a bit clichéd, but the author added her own spin to it to make it different! It went at the perfect pace to keep me wanting to read on too! I loved the whole idea of the plot and it held my interest all the way through! The romance in the plot was so cute and I liked that it developed and that it wasn't instant love too! The plot also didn't have any suspense or anything in it, but there was enough in it to make me love it! I just overall loved the plot and I can't wait to see how it's going to develop in the next book! The characters were just as amazing as the plot! Rimmel was the main female character and I just loved her! I did feel really sorry for her though because of the whole initiation thing and her being kept in the dark! I knew once she found out the truth that it was going to have a really big impact on her emotionally, and it did! Rimmel was an awesome character though, and I liked that she didn't change what she wore, she studied hard and that she was clumsy! Well, she did start to think more about the outfits she wore and stuff like that as the book developed, but she didn't change herself to fit in, which I loved! Romeo was the main male character and the love interest of Rimmel! I really liked Romeo! The guy was hot, but he knew he was hot, so I thought he was going to be really cocky and big-headed, and he was a little bit, but for the majority of this book he was really genuine and understanding! All Romeo could think about was joining the big frat house at the beginning, but as the book progressed, he realised that there's so much more to college life than being in the most well-known frat house, which was a real turning point for him! I just loved Romeo and he was so cute with Rimmel! I wasn't sure if this book was going to be written from both Rimmel and Romeo's point of views after I read synopsis, but I was really happy when I discovered that it was! It made the plot even better and I loved getting to read the story from both of their perspectives! I can't wait to read the next book in this series! I wasn't sure if it was going to continue Romeo and Rimmel's story because this book left it at a really good ending, but I then got to the end of the book and read that it is going to continue their story! I'm super excited to read it, but it's going to be a long year until I get my hands on it lol! The cover for this book suits it perfectly! The model on the front makes a good Rimmel and I love how unique it is and the little touches on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment