About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Sunday 12 April 2015

Review: Never Too Late [Willow Creek 02] by Micalea Smeltzer!

 
Publication date: 21st April 2015
Paperback edition: -
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis:
I’d never met anyone quite like Mathias Wade.
He was brooding and arrogant, but I loved him anyway.
Together we were wild and uncontained—a hurricane raging.
Then I had to leave, and words were exchanged that could never be undone.
But now I was back, and Mathias better watch out, because this bitch wasn’t finished with him.
Game. Set. Match.
All is fair in love and war, right?


Mathias Wade, the lead singer of Willow Creek, is used to getting everything he wants. Except for Remy Parker—the one that got away. Childhood friends that grew into more, Remy was the one constant in his life until she moved away. In anger, he lashed out and broke the only girl he ever loved. With temptation around every corner Mathias drowns his sorrow in women and alcohol. When the band returns to their hometown for the holidays the last thing Mathias expects is to run into Remy—but she’s back, and she’s not done with him.
Remy never forgot Mathias or the pain he caused her. When she moves back to the place she grew up to take care of her ailing grandma her heart is set on revenge. She’s determined to make Mathias fall in love with her all over again—only this time she’s going to break his heart.

But Mathias never stopped loving Remy—and she soon discovers that her feelings haven’t disappeared either.

Can two people too stubborn for their own good overcome their own demons and find the love they always deserved?


I was really excited to read this book! I loved the first book, and although this book was about different characters, I was even more excited to read it! The author then offered me an ARC and I jumped at the chance and started reading it straightaway! This book was amazing! Absolutely amazing! I had such a hard time putting it down once I started reading it, and I read it in a few sittings! The plot was written brilliantly! It had a lot in it and the main character hid a pretty big secret from the guy she loved! I could understand why she hid the secret though, as they were both young and her love interest said horrible things to her at a certain point! My mouth even fell open at the things he said to her! The main characters secret had a big impact on the plot though! There were also some twist and turns in the plot as well, which changed things! The plot also developed a lot further than I was expecting it too! I was really happy it did though because it showed the characters relationship development! The characters were amazing! Remy was the main female character, and I loved her! She was really easy for me to connect with! Remy also had this no caring attitude about her, but I felt like this was a bit of a façade as she acted like this to hide what she was really feeling and to make people think she was strong and okay! Remy was actually a really vulnerable character, which I could completely understand! She was also strong in her own way and had been through a lot! My heart went out to her when I found out what she had been through and the loss she had endured! It must have been so hard to go through something like that and then try and come to terms with it! Remy was just an amazing character, and I loved her! Mathias was the love interest of Remy, and he was seriously hot! He was also brooding and a bit arrogant! I mean, this made him that little bit hotter lol! Mathias really intrigued me in the first book in this series when he was a secondary character, so I couldn't wait to read his story! In this book, Mathias said and did some wrong things, but he was a good, decent person who had been through a lot and was in a high profile job in a well known band, which made Mathias be in the spotlight a lot! I could see that Mathias hated being in the spotlight, and I think this had an effect on his attitude! I loved him though, and he really redeemed himself in this book! I was expecting this book to be written from both Remy and Mathias' point of views, but it was actually only written from Remy's! I was surprised at this, but I was still able to connect with Mathias perfectly as well! It would have been interesting to get inside his head though! I can't wait to read the next book in this series! I know that it's not going to be about Remy and Mathias and that it's going to be about other characters, but I still can't wait to read it! I'm really excited about whose book it's going to be! I'm hoping that Remy and Mathias will make appearances in it! The cover for this book is stunning! It suits the first book's cover perfectly and the models on the front are the perfect Remy and Mathias! I completely fell in love with it as soon as I saw it! Big thank you to Micalea for an ARC of Never Too Late!

No comments:

Post a Comment