About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Wednesday 29 April 2015

Review: Rock Bottom by Jamie Canosa!

Publication date: 21st April 2015
Paperback edition: -
Source: Kindle
Rating: 4.5 stars
Synopsis: Sometimes life can change in an instant. Sometimes you can point to a single event and say, ‘That’s where everything changed.’ And sometimes the change is so gradual you don’t even realize it happened until you're looking in the mirror one morning and no longer recognize the person staring back at you.

My name was Rylie Stark. And I had everything.
The looks.
The money.
The brains.
The athleticism.
Even my very own Prince.

Everything, until . . .

The thing about being on top of the world is . . . it leaves you a long, long way to fall.


I read an excerpt from this book at the back of this author's other book, Pieces of My Heart, and it left me desperate to read the full story! It left me completely hooked! I was then offered an ARC of this book from the author, and I instantly said yes! Once I received the book, I said that I was only going to read the first chapter, as I was reading another book at the time, but I ended up reading the first eleven chapters lol! I then managed to put it down and finish the book I was currently reading lol! I loved this book though! It was dark and gritty and progressed a lot further than I was expecting it too! It also dealt with difficult issues and addictions! The plot was written brilliantly! It progressed at the perfect pace and actually went in a different direction to what I was expecting it too! I wasn't expecting it to go as deep as it did, but it showed the brutality and realness of what some girls do go through, and it was actually hard to read at times! I loved where it progressed to though, and it came a long way and so did the characters! I just absolutely loved it! The characters were amazing! Rylie was the main character, and she went from a preppy, normal high school student to someone who became obsessed with drugs and would do anything to get more of them! My heart completely went out to her! I was hoping that her drug addiction wouldn't reach the stage it did, but it progressed a lot further than I was expecting! I could understand why Rylie's drug addiction started though! She had a lot of pressure put on her from everyone to excel and be the best she could be, and the pressure got to her and she wanted a release! I wish she had picked a different release, but it showed how easy it was for someone like Rylie to get into the kind of scene she did! She came a long way in this book though, and I loved the person she turned into at the end! Elijah was the love interest of Rylie, and although he was the one who introduced Rylie to drugs, he was the one who was always there for her and tried his best to get her to stop the drugs and beat the habit! I did have some resentment towards Elijah for starting Rylie's habit, but then there was something about him that I loved and I could see that he only wanted the best for Rylie! I could see that he really loved her and would do anything for her too! Elijah was also seriously hot, and was the first person to show Rylie that she could do what she wanted in life and that she should do what she wanted and not what others wanted her to do, which made me respect him more! I did love Elijah and he also came a long way in this book! I can completely understand why this book is a standalone! Everything in the plot was resolved and everything was answered! The ending was also very beautiful and completely summed the book up for me! I'm sad that this book is a standalone though! I can't wait to see what this author is going to release next as well! I've loved all her books so far, so I'm excited for her next release! The cover for this book is stunning! It really suits the book and you can see how well it suits the book after you read it! It also suits the feel for the book too! Big thank you to Jamie for a copy of Rock Bottom!

No comments:

Post a Comment