About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Sunday 13 March 2016

Review: The Lies That Define Us [Us 02] by Micalea Smeltzer!


Publication date: 9th February 2016
Paperback edition: -
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: Ariella Geller is on the run from some very bad people and Liam Wade doesn’t know what he’s running from.

Freedom has been an elusive dream for Ari, but when her chance for escape comes, she takes it. She finds herself in California and forced to accept help from strangers in order to stay off the streets and avoid being found by those she ran from.

Liam Wade is sick of living in the shadow of his famous father. All he wants is to make a name for himself as a professional surfer, but it’s impossible when the media focuses on every other aspect of his life. All he wants is respect, a chance to prove himself, but when it never comes he finds himself running and hiding from the ones who love him the most.

When their paths collide Ari and Liam are forced to confront their demons, and in the process they just might find a reason to stop running.


I opened my email and was very surprised when I saw an email from one of my favourite authors! I squealed when I opened it and inside was an ARC of this book! I was so excited that I made it my next read! I had been waiting for this book for a few months after I first heard about it! The synopsis sounded amazing and the cover is stunning! I loved this book! Like, LOVED it! It may actually be one of my top three favourite books from this author! It only took me like three sittings to read and I completely devoured it! The plot was also amazing! The sexual tension between the two main characters was off the charts and the mystery aspect added a lot to the plot! I loved that there were a few really hot scenes too! There were quite a few twist and turns in the plot too! There was one near the end that I didn't see coming at all! It really surprised me and it could have changed the outcome of the plot a lot! The plot also made me cry at several points! The character were also amazing and totally made this book for me! Ariella 'Ari' was the main female character, and she was on the run from someone! I don't want to ruin it and tell you a lot about that because it would be very spoilery lol! I loved Ari! She was spunky and stood up for herself! She was also always looking over her shoulder and she was careful about who she was with as well, which was understandable considering her circumstances! She also stood up to her love interest, Liam, and she was as honest as she could be with him and she taught him a lot! Ari was also easy for me to connect with and I loved her more and more as this book progressed! Liam was the main male character, and he was a secondary character in the first book in this series! He was very distant and a bit hard to connect with in the first book, so I couldn't wait to read his story and get inside his head! I loved Liam in this book! He was a bit of an ass and he was quite an angry character, but he was also sweet and he went through a lot of realisation in this book! He was also seriously hot! Liam was also hiding a secret, and it did take quite a lot of this book before I found out his secret, but it explained lot about why Liam acted the way he did! I did feel really sorry for Liam because what he went through made it hard for him to trust people! I loved that this book was written from both Ari and Liam's point of views! It expanded the plot and added more to the mystery aspect with Ari! I also loved getting to see the characters feelings for each other develop through both of their eyes too! I also can't wait to read the next book in this series! I'm know that it's going to be about a character that's wasn't in this book a lot, but did make an appearance! I can't wait to read her story! I'm really excited to read it and I'm definitely going to be reading it as soon as it releases! The cover for this book is absolutely stunning! I loved it as soon as I saw it and the models on the front are the perfect Ari and Liam! It suits the cover for the first book perfectly too! Big thank you to Micalea for an ARC of The Lies That Define Us!

No comments:

Post a Comment