About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Tuesday 12 July 2022

Release Day Blitz & Review: WET [Westbrook Elite 01] by Cambria Hebert!


Publication date: 12th July 2022
Paperback edition: -
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: Making decisions I regret is basically a hobby.
So I guess it really wasn’t that surprising when I went out on a date with an Elite.
And then he tried to assault me.
I might be small, but I’m not meek. I fought him off… then went straight to the dean.
He didn’t believe me. No one does.
And now my date from hell is in revenge mode, and I somehow end up in the campus pool.
Did I mention I can’t swim?
Lucky for me, a knight in shining armor saves me from drowning.
Except he’s not wearing shining armor. He’s naked.
And he’s also Elite.
Seriously, what is up with these Elite swimmers?
Of course, I have no intention of ever seeing his very good-looking, naked highness again.
Elite obviously can’t be trusted.
Until he wraps me in his hoodie and promises to believe me.
Now I’m drowning again—but this time in his enigmatic cobalt eyes and addictive touch.
My only oxygen is him. I think I maybe could fall in love.
But will he keep his promise when I tell him the truth about his teammate?
Or will trusting Ryan with my heart and my life be just another decision to regret?

I’ve read a lot of this author’s books over the years and I loved her Hashtag series, so I was really excited when I heard that she was releasing a similar series to that one! I applied for an ARC of this book and was so excited when I received one! I stayed reading it straightaway, and after reading, I can say that I really enjoyed this book! The plot developed at a really nice pace and it kept me wanting to read on and find out what was going to happen next for the characters! There was some action and suspense in the plot, which added to it and made me enjoy it more too! There was also plenty of romance in the plot as well, which allowed for a lot of sexual tension and quite a few steamy scenes! The characters were also amazing and made this book even better! Aurora ‘Rory’ was the main female character, and in this book she was sort of put in danger through no fault of her own! She just wanted to get proof and help other girls be believed! I really liked Rory and she was slightly shy, but she was a spitfire when she needed to be lol! I also loved her relationship with her love interest and the way they changed each other! Ryan was the main male character and love interest of Rory! Ryan was a swimmer that had a reputation and he had potential to go far with his career! I also loved the way Ryan was with Rory! It was easy to see his feelings for her grow and he was protective of her and wanted her to be safe! Ryan also believed Rory and he supported her as best he could! This book was written from both Rory and Ryan’s point of views! I was really hoping that it was going to be written from dual point of view before I started reading and the synopsis kind of gives the impression that it’s going to be! I loved that it was because it helped me connect more with both characters and see their feelings for each other grow! It allowed for a few more things to happen in the plot as well, which helped as they did go through some situations by themselves! I now can’t wait to read the next book in this series! I know that it’s going to focus on secondary characters, but this has me even more excited to read it! I'm not sure who it's going to focus on yet because I couldn't find any information at the end of this book, but I can see potential for it to be one of two couples! The cover for this book is also absolutely perfect for it! I loved it as soon as I saw it and it would draw me to the book if I didn’t already know the author’s name! The cover image also suits the book a lot! Big thank you to Cambria and Give Me Books for an ARC of Wet!


Check it out on Goodreads!

Buy your copy from Amazon


Author bio:

Cambria Hebert is a bestselling novelist of more than fifty titles. She went to college for a bachelor’s degree, couldn’t pick a major, and ended up with a degree in cosmetology. So rest assured her characters will always have good hair.

Besides writing, Cambria loves a pumpkin spice latte, staying up late, sleeping in, and watching K drama until her eyes won’t stay open. She considers math human torture and has an irrational fear of chickens (yes, chickens). You can often find her running on the treadmill (she’d rather be eating a donut), painting her toenails (because she bites her fingernails), or walking her chihuahuas (the real bosses of the house).

Cambria has written in many genres, including new adult, sports romance, male/male romance, sci-fi, thriller, suspense, contemporary romance, and young adult. Many of her titles have been translated into foreign languages and have been the recipients of multiple awards.

Awards Cambria has received include:

Author of the Year 2016 (UtopiaCon2016)
The Hashtag Series: Best Contemporary Series of 2015 (UtopiaCon 2015)
#Nerd: Best Contemporary Book Cover of 2015 (UtopiaCon 2015)
Romeo from the Hashtag Series: Best Contemporary Lead (UtopiaCon 2015)
#Nerd: Top 50 Summer Reads (Buzzfeed.com 2015)
The Hashtag Series: Best Contemporary Series of 2016 (UtopiaCon 2016)
#NERD Book Trailer: Best Book Trailer of 2016 (UtopiaCon 2016)
#Nerd Book Trailer: Top 50 Most Cinematic Book Trailers of All Time (film-14.com)
#Nerd: Book Most Wanted to be Adapted to Screen: (2018)
Amnesia: Mystery Book of the Year (2018)

Cambria Hebert owns and operates Cambria Hebert Books, LLC.
You can find out more about Cambria and her titles by visiting her website:
Stay up to date on all of Cambria’s new releases and more by signing up for her newsletter: http://eepurl.com/bUL5_5

No comments:

Post a Comment