About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Sunday 28 April 2013

Character Interviews: Vandelya Lynn Tucker & Carter Ian Daniels!

Broken

Interview with Vandelya Lynn Tucker
By: Jamie Loeak

A journey toward discovering two characters.

 

Jamie Loeak: So, your name is Vandelya. How do you pronounce that?

Vandelya: Van-Dell-Yuh. My mother thought it was pretty and decided that was my name when she first looked at me.

JL: That’s interesting! Do you like having such a unique name?

Vandelya: Most times. I don’t have to look up if my teacher calls out for Ashley or anything. 

JL: So, you’re in school. What grade are you in?

Vandelya: I’m a junior in high school.

JL: Do you participate in any extracurricular activities?

Vandelya: No, I focus on just school.

JL: Okay, so what about after school. What kinds of things do you do?

Vandelya: Well, I like to head to a little field before and after school. It’s kind of my place.

JL: I’m assuming it’s important to you. Is there a reason behind it?

Vandelya: I don’t know. It’s just kind of a place that I go to when I feel lonely or something like it.

JL: Do you feel lonely often?
 

Vandelya: I don’t really want to talk about it right now. Is that fine?

JL: Of course. So, what would you feel more comfortable talking about?

Vandelya: Honestly, I don’t really know.

JL: Well, since we want the audience to know a little about you, why don’t we talk about your family and friends?
 
Vandelya: Uh, I guess that’s fine. I live with my mom. She works hard to keep things normal for me now that my dad is gone. There was an accident and..... *she trails off*
JL: I understand. Would talking about your friends turn things around?

Vandelya: Not really. I don’t have any friends.

JL: Oh. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make things worse.

Vandelya: It’s okay, but if you don’t mind, I don’t want to answer any more questions.

JL: It’s fine. Thank you for agreeing to the interview.

Vandelya: You’re very welcome.

Interview with Carter Ian Daniels

By: Jamie Loeak

A journey toward discovering two characters.


JL: So, Carter, you recently moved to North Carolina. Why here?

Carter: My mom used to talk about North Carolina when I was a little kid. Back then, she used to read and tell me stories.

JL: What stories made you choose to come here?

Carter: She grew up here, and I thought that coming here would help me find myself. I mean, I’m seventeen and I’ve got to figure out who I am.

JL: And North Carolina’s going to do that for you.

Carter: Yes.

JL: So, what are your goals while you’re here? What steps are you going to take?

Carter: Well, I’m going to enroll in the local high school first. Then, I guess I’ll just make friends. See what kind of person I am.

JL: So, your friends will tell you the kind of person you are?


Carter: No, but who I become when with them does.

JL: You sound like you know this from experience.


Carter: Yes, I do.


JL: Can you tell me about this?


Carter: It’s the reason why I left Hartford. The people I dealt with weren’t good. They weren’t good influences.

JL: I understand. Is that why you left? Your friends?

Carter: They weren’t my friends. I didn’t seek out friends back then.

JL: Then it was your family that you ran from?

Carter: Yes, it was. Now, if you don’t mind, I don’t want to answer any other questions.

JL: You’re fine, and I apologize for bringing out bad memories.

Carter: It’s okay. I did agree to this interview.

JL: Thank you.

Carter: You’re welcome.


Author bio:
 
Jamie Loeak is an aspiring YA author. She has written and published her first novel and continues to work toward finishing the trilogy, while new ideas for more novels pop into her ever changing mind. Jamie resides in Florida, where she is a middle school teacher. Finding time for writing is difficult within the world of lesson plans, assessments, and students; however, Jamie makes sure to make time for all of the things that she loves in life, including her students, pets, and loving boyfriend. When Jamie isn't writing or grading papers, she is forcing her sister into photoshoots or playing her guitar. Her current goal is to finish the Body and Soul Trilogy so that she can let her other ideas escape.
 
Jamie Loeak
 

No comments:

Post a Comment