About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Sunday 11 August 2013

Review: Envisioned [The Elemental Prophecy 01] by Nikki Narvaez!

Publication date: 10th May 2013
Paperback edition: 249 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 4.5 stars
Synopsis: Brielle De Luca thought she was just an average girl, despite her nightly dreams of an impending apocalypse, along with a gorgeous man that pulls at her soul.

However, on the night of her 18th birthday, everything changes when she is thrown into the Elemental World, a world where she is supposedly the One that is spoken about in an ancient Prophecy; a Prophecy that states she is the key to preventing an apocalypse.

Now she must learn to control her power over the four elements, all while dealing with the love and intense passion of her bond to the man from her dreams, Jace Vasquez.

Piece of cake, right?
   
 
I actually loved this book! I first heard about this book through another author when she posted in a group that this this author was looking for reviews for Envisioned! I was full with review requests, but I couldn't resist the cover and the sound of the synopsis so I said yes and I was given a copy for review! This book is probably the first Paranormal book that I have ever read that uses a lot of swearing and has loads of hot, sexy scenes! I swooned while reading the hot scenes! They were so sexy! It was a new experience reading a Paranormal book with sex scenes and swearing in it, but I loved it! The plot of Envisioned was brilliant! The Elemental World is something that I haven't read a lot of books on so I didn't really have an idea of what this book was going to have in it, but what it did have in it blew me away! Envisioned went at the perfect pace and it held my attention the whole way through! I did think that it got a bit weird at the last 20%, but I can understand why it went like that! It still made sense and I was able to follow it! Also, the plot was full of suspense and action and my anticipation to continue reading it was huge! It was written amazingly even though my pet hate, the "I am" instead of "I'm" was in it! This is probably the first book that I haven't had a huge rant about my pet hate being in it as the plot overtook it and I was able to ignore my pet hate! The characters were also amazing! Brielle was the main character and I liked her, but I didn't love her! I thought at times that she acted younger than what she was and that sort of distracted me! If I remember correctly I think she was the same age as me and I thought that would have made me connect with her more, but it actually didn't because she acted younger than what she was! As the book progressed though, Brielle changed from a girl to a woman and it was because of the plot that this happened! I enjoyed her more as the book progressed! Jace was the love interest of Brielle and he was so hot! I loved how protective he was of Brielle and the amount of love he had for her! I adored that this book was written from both Brielle and Jace's point of view as this meant that I got to see how far each other them were willing to go to protect each other and the amount of love that they both had for each other! There were also some other characters that played pretty big roles in this book and I'm really looking forward to seeing them in the next book and seeing what they bring to that! Nothing is going to stop me from reading the next book in this series! I will be eagerly anticipating its release and when it does release it will be going near the top of my TBR list! The cover is stunning! It misled me a little as it made me think that this book was Young Adult when in fact it is so much sexier than a Young Adult book! I am in love with it though! Big thank you to Nikki for a copy of Envisioned! 
 
Envisioned 

No comments:

Post a Comment