About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Tuesday 6 August 2013

Review: PODs [Pods 01] by Michelle Pickett!

Publication date: 4th June 2013
Paperback edition: -
Source: Paperback
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: Seventeen-year-old Eva is a chosen one. Chosen to live, while others meet a swift and painful death from an incurable virus so lethal, a person is dead within days of symptoms emerging. In the POD system, a series of underground habitats built by the government, she waits with the other chosen for the deadly virus to claim those above. Separated from family and friends, it's in the PODs she meets David. And while true love might not conquer all, it's a balm for the broken soul.

After a year, scientists believe the population has died, and without living hosts, so has the virus. That's the theory, anyway. But when the PODs are opened, survivors find the surface holds a vicious secret. The virus mutated, infecting those left top-side and creating... monsters.

Eva and David hide from the infected in the abandoned PODs. Together they try to build a life--a new beginning. But the infected follow and are relentless in their attacks. Leaving Eva and David to fight for survival, and pray for a cure.

I had a hard time writing this review as I tried so hard not to give anything away, but this book blew my mind! I had been wanting to read it for months so when I heard that the Spencer Hill Press UK ARC Share Group were getting ARCs of it then I was so excited! I couldn't get through it fast enough! It was just amazing! There was so much suspense and action in it that it nearly had my biting my fingernails! I had my own ideas after reading the synopsis about what was going to happen in this book and I can honestly say that I was wrong with some of my ideas! The synopsis does give quite a lot away, but I wasn't expecting some of this book to happen at all, but it made it so much more interesting and a lot of the scenes added more suspense! Overall the plot of PODs blew me away! It was gory and my adrenaline level was so high after and whilst I was reading it! I also thought that the plot was original! I have read a few other books that focus on the same situation, but the author made it her own by adding in twists and some original features! The characters were also amazing! Eva was the main character and PODs was told from her point of view! I loved Eva! I connected with her the whole way through this book and I saw her become a better person! Eva grew so much during this book! She was strong from the start, but as the book progressed I saw her become an even stronger person! I could see how much she loved David as well! David was the love interest of Eva and he was so protective of her! I adored him for it! He gave up everything for her which must have been hard for him, but I could honestly see that he would do it all again in a heartbeat for her! There were quite a few other characters in this book and most of them actually played pretty big parts! I loved all the secondary characters! They all brought so much to the story! The ending was absolutely perfect that I thought that this book was a standalone until a friend told me that another book was coming out! I can say that I'm super excited to see where the next book is going to go and I'm also curious to see if it's still going to be about Eva and David! I am in love with the cover! it suits the book so much and the girl on the front is exactly how I pictured Eva looking like while reading the book! Big thank you to Spencer Hill Press for giving the Share Group ARCs of PODs and to Michelle for sending me a signed copy!
 
PODs

No comments:

Post a Comment