About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Saturday 5 October 2013

Review: Spark [Spark 01] by Brooke Cumberland!

Publication date: 6th August 2013
Paperback edition: 289 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: When your past controls your future, how do you move forward?
Velaney Wills knows about that all too well.
Weak, powerless, and fearing the one person who has hurt her the most…can she overcome the barriers to move forward?
Being saved by a muscled Godsend was never on her agenda, but when firefighter, Eric Reilley comes into her life unexpectedly, everything changes.

Velaney has never felt loved or cared for, and her past prevents her from letting anyone in. Eric manages to break down her walls—despite the repercussions that come for them afterwards.

They have an undeniable spark—something she has never felt before, but will it be enough? Can love overcome all obstacles? Can they save each other to protect their love or will her past shatter everything she never knew she needed…?

Favourite quote: "You would never be just another girl, Velaney. You are the thee girl."

I'm now officially a massive fan of Brooke Cumberland! The synopsis for this book is pretty vague, so when the author came to me about a Book Trailer for Spark I knew I had to read this book first to get more information about it and make her the perfect trailer! What I got from this book blew me away! It was so freaking good! It was actually SO much more than good! Words like phenomenal, amazing, mind blowing come to mind when I think about it! This book has definitely made it onto my favourites list! The plot of this book had so much in it! It was easy to follow though and it had loads of suspense in it as well! I was totally hyped while reading it! The full book was a massive climax and the climax of a book normally comes down as you get to the end of the book, but this book's climax didn't stop at the last page! It left it at a massive cliff-hanger that has me desperate for the next book! The plot also developed brilliantly! I was completely enthralled with it and I suffered a serious book hangover after reading it! The characters were amazing! Velaney was the main character and she was so brave! I never expected her back story to be so horrible, but she was a character that just got up and tried her best regardless of her past! She grew stronger as this book progressed and I just adored her! I connected instantly with her as well and I actually didn't want to stop reading her story! I could honestly have kept reading! Eric was the love interest of Velaney and he made the temperature in my room heat up! Seriously! I need an Eric in my life! Who wouldn't want a sexy, life-saving fire-fighter? Eric was there for Velaney so much and he saved her more times than I can count! As the book progressed I fell even more in love with him! I also loved how protective he was of Velaney! There was a love triangle that was in this book for some of it! The love triangle was between Velaney, Eric and Alex! I loved both guys and I'll admit that I was torn! I adored both guys, but Eric did make me swoon more though! Plus, I loved he connection with Velaney! The ending to this book has left me desperate for the next one! It was quite a cliff-hanger and I didn't really see it coming at all! It was an amazing ending that will leave you gasping and begging for the next book! The cover is also stunning! It blew me away as soon as I saw it! It suits the book, the characters, the scene everything! Big thank you to Brooke for an ARC of Spark!


My Theme Song!
 
Seabird - Rescue!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment