About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Wednesday 12 February 2014

Review: Flame [Spark 03] by Brooke Cumberland!

Publication date: 4th February 2014
Paperback edition:  -
Source: Kindle
Rating: 4.5 stars
Synopsis: Carissa Wright doesn’t do relationships.
Raised with a junkie mother and an alcoholic father, building relationships were far off her list. Rather, one night-stands were her usual.
Carissa has one constant in her life—her best friend Velaney. Completely opposite of each other, yet they balance each other out.
Although Carissa admits to only wanting sex and nothing more, will she allow the one guy who wants to break down her walls or will she run out of fear for finally letting her guard down?
She is unfamiliar with these feelings and wants nothing more than to walk away without a shattered heart. Will she be able to find the courage in order to turn her flame into a long lasting relationship?
With walls built up & emotions turned off, can she learn to put her heart on the line?
Or will each guy just be another flame?


I completely fell in love with the first two books in this series and I was really excited when I found out the author was giving a secondary character from the first two books her own book! I was really excited when I got my ARC of this book because I had been desperate to read it and I also beta read the first few chapters! I have too be honest though and say that it took me a few chapters to really get into this book! It just started quite slow and it took a while for the main character's love interest to actually come into the story! I do have to say that there were plenty, and I mean plenty, of sexy scenes in this book though! They do not disappoint! The plot of this book was about a girl finding herself almost and being shown that in order to move forward, she had to learn to let go of her past! I loved the plot! I do have to say that I haven't read a contemporary book with a plot quite like it before! I was hooked on this book when the main character's love interest came into it and their relationship started to heat up! There were also some twists and turns in the plot that I didn't see coming at all! The characters were amazing! Carissa was the main character and she had been through so much in her life! Her parents were horrible to her growing up and it was their actions that made Carissa the way she was in this book! Carissa was sort of addicted to sex in a way and she would sleep with any guy just to feed her addiction! As this book progressed, Carissa realised that she didn't need to sleep with loads of guys, she only needed to sleep with one particular guy, and this guy was her love interest! My heart went out to Carissa in this book because of what she had been through and seeing how much it had affected her as she had gotten older! I also have to admit that I did think that Carissa was a bit of a slut at the beginning of this book, and I mean that in the nicest way possible, but Carissa was a lot more damaged than I realised and as the book progressed I found out just how damaged she was! Drew was the love interest of Carissa and he was such a hottie! And kind of into some kinky stuff ;) I can say that I didn't expect the kinky side of Drew, so I was quite surprised when I found that out, but it was pretty damn hot! Drew was such a lovable guy! I absolutely loved him with Carissa as well! He was also really protective of her and I loved what he did near the end of this book for her! He really couldn't leave without her! I could see that Drew really loved Carissa and the two of them really deserved that kind of love! I also loved that the main female character from the first two book, Velaney, was in this book as well! I'm really sad to see this series come to an end now, but all the essential characters got their happy endings, so I couldn't be happier for them! The ending of this book was also so beautiful and perfect! The cover for this book is stunning! It definitely suits the book and I like that it doesn't really suit the covers for the first two books as they focus on two other characters in this series! Big thank you to Brooke for an ARC of Flame!

No comments:

Post a Comment