About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Saturday 29 November 2014

Review: What's Left of Us [What's Left of Me 02] by Amanda Maxlyn!


Publication date: 14th November 2014
Paperback edition: 228 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: Love found me three years ago.

I’m cancer free, happily married to the love of my life, and working toward my dream career.

Our life is complete. Perfect, really.

Or is it?

I’ve always wanted a family of my own, but never dreamed I could have one. Now Parker’s ready to make my dream our reality.

But sometimes our dreams are haunted by our deepest fears. Fears of failure, having a child, and in our case … death. How do I help the person I love get over his fear when I’m still trying to overcome that same fear myself?

Together we must learn What’s Left of Us.


It doesn't feel like I've been waiting just under a year for this book lol! To be honest though, I would have waited forever for this book! I fell completely in love with the first book in this series, and I wasn't expecting there to be a second book because of where the first book ended! When I found out that there was going to be a second book though, I wanted to shout from the rooftops because I was so excited! I completely adored this book! It was so beautiful and continued on perfectly from the first book! The plot was amazing! It was written brilliantly and I loved that it showed the main characters a few years after the events of the first book! I read this book in a few sittings too because I just couldn't put it down until I had finished it! The plot was just so beautiful and I loved getting to see how far the characters had come! There were also some seriously steamy scenes in this book, and they were so hot! I loved them! The characters were again amazing! Aundrea was the main female character, and I just loved her in this book! She had been through so much, but she still soldiered on and wanted to get the best from life! I did feel for Aundrea in this book though, because her husband, Parker, wanted he and Aundrea to move onto the next step of their relationship, which left Aundrea scared! I could completely understand why Aundrea was scared, but she was taught by a really good friend to let fear go and live life to the fullest, which opened Aundrea's eyes to the possibility of what Parker wanted! She did come a long way in this book with everything, and I absolutely loved her! Parker was again the main male character, and he was again just the sweetest guy ever in this book! There just aren't enough words to describe how much I adored Parker! I just freaking loved him! I loved the way he was with Aundrea too, and I could see that he would do anything in the world to keep her smiling! He had some serious love for that girl! Parker also wanted his life with Aundrea to move to the next step, but that came with complications and a lot of realisation for both Parker and Aundrea! They managed to work together as a couple to show each other that together, they could face anything! I loved that this book was written from both Aundrea and Parker's point of views! I think only a few chapters were written from Parker's point of view in the first book, but this book was kind of split between Aundrea and Parker's point of views, which I loved! Seeing the amount of love they have for each other through both of their eyes was so beautiful, and they'll always be one of my favourite couples! I know that there's not going to be another book in this series, but I can't wait to read more from this author! I think I'll be on pins and needles every time she releases a book lol! The cover for this book is absolutely stunning! I love how well it suits the cover for the first book, and I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it! It also represents a scene in the book perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment