About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Sunday 23 November 2014

Review: What's Left of Me [What's Left of Me 01] by Amanda Maxlyn!


  
Publication date: 13th December 2013
Paperback edition: 329 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: Life works in mysterious ways.

Four years ago I became known as the girl with cancer.

I refuse to cry.

And I refuse to give in.

A relationship with a man is the last thing I’m looking for right now, but one night with Parker changes everything. He is persistent, and he knows what he wants. Me.

He doesn’t treat me like I’m fragile.

But he doesn’t know, and I’m not ready to tell him.

What if it changes everything?

Tragedy found me when I was seventeen.

Love found me when I was twenty-one.

My name is Aundrea McCall, and this is my journey.


This book was absolutely amazing! I had been wanting to read it for a while, but for some reason, I just kept putting it off! The topic of this book involved one word nobody ever wants to hear, and it's such a hard thing to read about because you immediately feel empathy for the character and you form an even stronger bond with them! The synopsis tells you what this topic is, and the book tells you the story of a girl determined to not let her illness define her! The plot of this book was heart-breaking, but so beautiful! It had a blossoming relationship in it, but then there was the big elephant in the room that the main character didn't want to tell her love interest about! I just loved the plot! It really showed what someone with cancer goes through and how if affects them emotionally, as well as physically! The plot was also very emotional and I cried my eyes out at a lot of scenes! Some scenes were hard to read, but it's because of how honest they were and that's one thing I really admired about this book! There were some hot scenes in the plot too, which I loved! I mean, they were seriously hot! Overall, I loved the plot and I loved how it developed and the pace it developed at! The characters were amazing! Aundrea was the main character and she was such a strong character! In fact, she's probably one of the strongest characters I've ever read about! I loved Aundra's strength and her determination! She was so determined to never be defined by her illness and to only be seen as Aundrea, and not the girl with cancer! I admired Aundrea so much as well! She tried to get on with her life and she hardly ever complained about her illness! I could see how deep her illness affected her as well! I just wanted to wrap her in a massive hug and not let go of her! Parker was the love interest of Aundrea, and he was so cocky, but such a sweetheart! I loved how natural he was with Aundrea, and although it took him a while in this book to find out about her cancer, he refused to let her face it alone and he was there for her through the rest of her journey! I just adored Parker! He always looked at Aundrea like she was the only person in the room and he treated her like she was everything to him! I'm pretty sure she was lol! I just loved Parker! I mean, he was everything I love in a guy and he'll make a lot of readers hearts swoon, that's for sure lol! I cried so hard at the end of this book! It was so emotional! The entire book was emotional, but the ending really packed a punch! I won't tell you whether my tears were happy or sad tears though ;) I thought that this book was a standalone when I first read it, but I got seriously excited when I heard that the author is bringing out another book! I can't wait to read it! This book could totally have been a standalone though! The cover for this book is absolutely stunning! I didn't actually see the words in the background until I enlarged the cover, but every single word describes Aundrea's emotions in this book perfectly! I freaking love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment