About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Sunday 21 December 2014

Review: Wicked [Wicked 01] by Jennifer L. Armentrout!


Publication date: 8th December 2014
Paperback edition: 371 pages
Source: Kindle

Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: Things are about to get Wicked in New Orleans.

Twenty-two year old Ivy Morgan isn’t your average college student. She, and others like her, know humans aren’t the only thing trolling the French Quarter for fun… and for food. Her duty to the Order is her life. After all, four years ago, she lost everything at the hands of the creatures she’d sworn to hunt, tearing her world and her heart apart.

Ren Owens is the last person Ivy expected to enter her rigidly controlled life. He’s six feet and three inches of temptation and swoon-inducing charm. With forest-green eyes and a smile that’s surely left a stream of broken hearts in its wake, he has an uncanny, almost unnatural ability to make her yearn for everything he has to offer. But letting him in is as dangerous as hunting the cold-blooded killers stalking the streets. Losing the boy she loved once before had nearly destroyed her, but the sparking tension that grows between them becomes impossible for Ivy to deny. Deep down, she wants… she needs more than what her duty demands of her, what her past has shaped for her.

But as Ivy grows closer to Ren, she realizes she’s not the only one carrying secrets that could shatter the frail bond between them. There’s something he’s not telling her, and one thing is for certain. She’s no longer sure what is more dangerous to her—the ancient beings threatening to take over the town or the man demanding to lay claim to her heart and her soul.


I was really excited about this book when the author announced it! This author is one of my favourites, and I always look forward to her next release! This book sounded amazing as well and the cover totally sealed the deal even more that I was going to read it as soon as it released lol! Unfortunately, I had to wait a few months for it to release lol! This book was freaking amazing! I have to say though that it took me a few chapters to get into it, and then it started to remind me a little bit of this author's Dark Elements series, only this book was about fae and not gargoyles, but I still loved this book and I loved that it was about fae! I've read a few series' with fae being a part of the plot, so it was interesting to read this author's take on them! The plot was amazing! It held my interest all the way through and I loved the twist and turns in it too! They added a lot to the plot and some left me with my mouth hanging open lol! There were also some seriously hot scenes too! I wasn't expecting them to be quite as hot as they were, but damn they were lol! Overall, the plot was awesome and I loved the romance, suspense and action in it! The characters were just as amazing as the plot! Ivy was the main character and she was pretty kick-ass in this book! I was kinda expecting her to be though because this author's other main female characters are kick-ass lol! I loved Ivy! My heart went out to her though because of the amount of loss she had experienced! I could see that it affected her a lot and that it made her question a lot of things about her love interest as their relationship developed! I liked that Ivy thought about starting something with her love interest and that she didn't just jump into a relationship with him though! I also connected with Ivy very well and I loved her more and more as the book progressed! She learned a lot in this book and grew a lot as a character too! Ren was the love interest of Ivy, and he was seriously hot! And I mean seriously hot lol! The male characters in this author's other series' have some serious competition with Ren lol! Ren was also a bit cocky and he knew what he wanted in this book, which is something I loved about him! He was also very protective of Ivy and I could see that he had deep feelings for her, and that these feelings developed even more as the book progressed! He was also straight up with Ivy about what he wanted from her lol! My heart went out to Ren too! He had also experienced loss, so he tried to help Ivy come to terms with how much she had lost, and he showed her that everyone deserves a second chance! I just loved him! I can't wait to read the next book in this series! The ending of this book was insane! My mouth was left hanging open at it lol! It's going to be one long way until I can get my hands on the next book! I'll definitely be reading it as soon as it releases! The cover for this book is absolutely stunning! I fell completely in love with it as soon as I saw it and the models on the front are the perfect Ivy and Ren! The cover for the next book has a lot to live up too lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment