About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Monday 16 March 2015

Review: The Only Way [Only 04] by Magan Vernon!

 
Publication date: 2nd April 2015
Paperback edition: -
Source: Kindle
Rating: 4.5 stars
Synopsis: William "Tripp" Chapman has always been the black sheep of his family's political dynasty. His oldest brother works on Wall Street, his youngest-groomed for the senate. And Tripp is the brother known for wrecking his Porsche after a drinking bender and winding up in rehab.

On the night of his father's presidential election he takes a detour and meets a waitress at a local hole-in-the wall. Samantha "Sam" Green is just as broken as he is, but covers it up with enough snark so no one tries to get too close.

When Sam gets kicked out of her apartment, Tripp agrees that she can crash on his couch until she gets on her feet. But as they grow closer physically, the ghosts of their past threaten to burden their new relationship

The Only Way they can overcome their demons is to face them instead of running. Can Sam help Tripp find his way or will their own battles bury them further?


I was really excited when the author announced that she was going to be writing a book for the main character in this book! He really intrigued me in the other books in the series when he made appearances and I couldn't wait to read his story! I absolutely loved this book! The sexual tension between the main character and his love interest was so hot and I had such a hard time putting this book down as well! I read it in a few sittings too! The plot was amazing! It dealt with the issue of drugs and depression, and the author handled it all brilliantly and she showed how hard it was for the main character, who was a drug user, to cope with his addiction, but she also showed how easy it was for him to fall back into old habits! I loved the plot, and there were times where it made me smile and then there were times where it made me tear up and it was really sad! It's fair to say I went through a mix of emotions while reading this book! I loved every minute of reading it though and I wouldn't have changed the plot at all! The characters were amazing! William 'Tripp' was the main character, and as I said, he really intrigued me in the other books in this series that he was in and I was looking forward to reading his story! Tripp was also seriously hot! I had so much respect for him as well! He had an addiction, but I could see that he wanted to change and please his dad, but he felt like he was never good enough and like he was the black sheep of his family! This made me feel really sorry for him because I wanted him to realise that there was so much more to him and that his family were proud of him! Tripp came a long way in this book though and he had a lot of realisation moments! Samantha 'Sam' was the love interest of Tripp, and she was so snarky and bitchy at times! I loved those things about her! It showed that she was real and not fake! Sam was really confident and she worked hard too! She was also exactly what Tripp needed to show him that he wasn't alone and that he was surrounded by people that loved him! She showed him how important family was and she taught him a lot! She was an amazing character and I connected brilliantly with her as well! I just loved her and her spunky attitude! I loved the way she stood up for herself and the people she cared about too! I loved that this book was written from Tripp's point of view! I was expecting it to be written from both his and Sam's though, but it wasn't! I normally don't like reading books from only a male point of view, but I loved reading this book from only Tripp's point of view! Getting inside his head was amazing and it showed me what he was really like! I'm not sure if there's going to be another book in this series! I do see another book for Tripp and Sam though, as I felt like there's more to their story, so I hope the author gives them another book or even a novella! The cover for this book is so hot! It suits the other covers in the series brilliantly and the model on the front is the perfect Tripp! Big thank you to Magan for an ARC of The Only Way!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment