About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Friday 29 August 2014

Review: The Only Answer by Magan Vernon!


Publication date: 25th August 2014
Paperback edition: -
Source: Kindle
Rating: 4.5 stars
Synopsis: A boy burdened with a family legacy.
A girl haunted by a shattered past.
Both searching for answers to a future threatened by the unknown.

Three years ago, conservative Trey Chapman and liberal Monica Remy met their match in one another - and made the only exception that would change their lives forever.
Now, Trey's father is running for president, forcing Trey and Monica to put aside their personal beliefs to be the model of perfection.

But fate has other ideas, casting the family in scandal.

Some seek to use that disgrace to further their family legacy, while others refuse to let go of the past. Trey and Monica soon find themselves lost among questions that challenge their true feelings. Will they be able to rediscover that the only answer lies with one another, or will they lose each other forever?


I was so excited to read this book, so when I saw sign-ups for events for the book, I quickly signed up! I loved these characters first book and I couldn't wait to see where their story was going to go next! I was also super happy that the author decided to give them another book to finish off their story! The Only Answer was an amazing book! It was a quick read too, so I read it in a few sittings in one day! I may have enjoyed it more than the first book as well! The plot was amazing! It went at a really good pace, and once I started reading, I couldn't stop until I had finished it, which explains why I read it so quickly lol! I have to admit that the plot did go in a different direction to what I thought it was going too, but I loved the direction it did go in! There were also a few tense scenes in the plot that made me sort of wonder as to where the plot was going to go next! I just loved it though and the overall plot really impressed me, even though it went in a different direction to what I was expecting! The characters were again amazing! Monica was again the main female character and she was in a bit of a pickle in this book and she didn't really know how to handle it to start with! I have to say that after Monica got over the shock, she handled it brilliantly! I loved that she stepped up and she was prepared for the new role in her life! She was also fierce in this book and she stood up for herself and Trey too! I just loved her! She's also come a long way since I first met her in the first book! She was also seriously hot with her love interest! Trey was again the main male character and love interest of Monica! I just adored Trey in this book! He was fiercely protective of Monica and I could see that he would do anything to protect her, even if it meant defying his parents wishes! I actually loved Trey more in this book than what I did in the first book! I felt like he was more attentive towards Monica and that was super sweet to read! Trey also stepped up in this book and that's what he needed to do for he and Monica to develop onto the next stage in their lives that they were going to have to face together! I loved that characters from the other companion book, The Only One, made appearances in this book! It was fun to see how their relationship had developed! I also really enjoyed that this book was written from both Monica and Trey's point of views! It made me love the plot even more and seeing their love for each other through both of their eyes was really beautiful! I don't think there's going to be another book in Monica and Trey's story! There's potential for another book though or maybe Trey and Monica appearing in other books featuring a different couple, but I'm not sure what the author has planned! I really hope Monica and Trey appear in another book though! The cover for this book is stunning! It suits it really well and I love how it matches the other books in this companion series too! Big thank you to Magan and WordSmith Publicity for an ARC of The Only Answer!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment