About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Tuesday 8 January 2013

Review: Chasing Nikki [Chasing Nikki 01] by Lacey Weatherford!

Publication date: 27th February 2012
Paperback edition: 336 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: Chase Walker used to be a good kid—charming, athletic, and with a bright future ahead, but that was before travesty struck his life, sinking him into deep despair. Caught up in a world of drugs and alcohol, he doesn’t notice time slipping away until he’s arrested for underage drinking one night.

Fed up with watching her son destroy his life, Chase’s mom relocates him to live in a small ranching community with his ex-military grandfather. Chase is far from happy about the situation until he meets, Nikki, the cute cheerleader who won’t give football players like him the time of day.

Chase enjoys a good challenge though and sets out to claim Nikki for his own. He soon discovers she’s more than a pretty face—she’s a balm to his troubled spirit also. But when tragedy strikes Nikki’s life too, suddenly Chase finds himself put to the ultimate test. Can he trust Nikki, and all that she’s taught him? Will it be enough?


I was in tears at this book! I have never, ever read a book that has made me cry so much in my life! I went through a range of emotions while reading it but I broke down at the end and just sobbed! I was not expecting it at all! I was a little scared about reading this book as it was written from a male point of view and I can't seem to be able to read books told from a male point of view but this book was just amazing and I loved it being written from a male point of view! The plot was quite a tough one as it is about someone trying to come to terms with a death and trying to move on with his life but also finding love along the way! Chase Walker was the main character of this book and my heart just went out to him! He had been through so much before this book and to go through something like he did honestly has to be one of the hardest things for anyone to go through! You could actually feel his pain at the end and I think that is an amazing thing for any author to accomplish! Nikki Wagner was Chase's love interest and I just adored her! She helped Chase through so much and she was just perfect for him! The other characters were amazing as well and I loved that Lacey pushed her characters right to the very edge even though it did make my cry! I have a feeling that this book is going to stay with me for a long time and I am looking forward to seeing what happens in the next book! I also love the cover!

Chasing Nikki (Chasing Nikki, #1)

No comments:

Post a Comment