About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Friday 11 January 2013

Review: Freak of Nature by Julia Crane!

Publication date: 11th January 2013
Paperback edition: -
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: Donate Body to Science. Check.
When seventeen-year-old Kaitlyn checked the box, she never suspected she’d have her life–and her body–stolen from her. She awakens one day in a secret laboratory to discover that her body is now half-robot and is forced to hide her own secret: that she still has human emotions and a human mind. If the scientists who made her find out, they’ll erase what remains of who she was.

Kaitlyn finds an unlikely ally in Lucas, a handsome, brilliant scientist who can’t get over the guilt he feels knowing she was once a vibrant, beautiful young woman. He never expected a science project to affect him the way she does. As he tries to help her rediscover her past, he finds himself falling for the brave girl struggling to find her place and acceptance between the human and computer worlds.

Favourite quote: "I'm in love with you, Kate." The words came out in a rush. "I love you so much. The thought of losing you is like a weight crushing my chest."

This book was amazing! I wasn't really sure what to expect when I started reading it but I soon found out! Freak of Nature was my second Julia Crane book and Julia is quickly becoming an author who's books are making an amazing impression on me! This book was so original! I have never read anything like it before and this is what made me love it! The plot held my interest and I zoomed through it! The plot had quite a bit of action in it and I also loved the development of it! Kaitlyn was the main character of Freak of Nature and I felt so sorry for her! She couldn't remember anything about her past and she had suffered so much! I loved how brave and determined she was though to do good in the world! Lucas was so sweet! He was amazing with Kaitlyn and I loved how protective he was of her as well! I loved that Freak of Nature was told from both Kaitlyn and Lucas's point of view as you got to see how much Lucas cared for Kaitlyn and also just how strong his feelings for her were! The ending of this book was amazing! It left so much open as to what could happen in the next book which I cannot wait for! The cover gives off the perfect impression of Kaitlyn and I love it! Big thank you to Julia and of course Allison for an ARC of Freak of Nature!

Freak of Nature

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for reading and reviewing! I'm excited about this series, and so happy to hear you enjoyed the first. I'll be working on book two soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for book two! I spy a love triangle because of that ending lol ;)

      Delete