About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Tuesday 6 November 2012

Review: Collide [Collide 01] by Shelly Crane!

Publication date: 12th June 2011
Paperback edition: 360 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: Sherry has always known there was something out there. She's eighteen, works for a tabloid newspaper in Chicago and has a brother, Danny who is a lazy mooch. They live a pretty normal dull life with hippie parents and a normal existence Then the moon disappears and people start to go missing only to reappear later, but different. Sherry has an abusive ex-boyfriend who shows up and claims to be one of these beings that have been showing up around the world. He's no longer the same person in that body. He tells her he has come to protect her and her brother and takes her underground, against her will to save her, where they meet others like them. She begins to unravel the truth about Merrick, about what he's really doing here, about the way he looks at her, about the crazy dangerous world they live in. Can he convince her that he's here to help? Will she like what she finds when she opens up to the truth? Will he be the one to love her when everyone else has failed her? Will he be able to protect her?

I have no idea why I hadn't read this book before now! I loved absolutely everything about it! I loved the writing, the characters and the plot! First lets talk about the plot! WOW! It was so original and I just couldn't stop reading it! It had everything in it that I love and it was quite unexpected as I was expecting something completely different! It was also very interesting and paced perfectly! Next were the characters! I loved all of them! Sherry was the main character of Collide and I adored her! She was sweet and amazing! Merrick was the love interest of Sherry and he was protective and so hot! I loved Merrick and Sherry's relationship! It was written beautifully and I don't think that it was rushed because the story took place over quite a long period of time! There were also so many secondary characters and they brought so much to the story! I also really liked that Collide was told from both Sherry and Merrick's point of views! I am definitely going to read the rest of this series and I am really looking forward to doing so! The cover is also stunning! I didn't really see the significance of it at first until I had read Collide!

Collide (Collide, #1)

No comments:

Post a Comment