About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Saturday 3 November 2012

Review: The Story of Jackson Haddock by Shanora Williams!

Publication date: 14th November 2012
Paperback edition: 394 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: What if your family was killed, right before your very eyes?

Life for Jackson Haddock already wasn’t easy but when a man named Cody Walker interrupts his life, things will only turn for the worst. Walker kills Jackson’s family right on the spot. Somehow Jackson escapes and after grieving from his loss, he finds out what Cody Walker is about, what he wanted, and why. After stumbling upon a letter from his father, Jackson promises to find Cody Walker and kill him for the vengeance of his family and his own safety. But as time carries, life gets better, and it isn’t until Belle Fulton comes into his life that he realizes that he can’t trust everyone—not her or even the people around him. The Story of Jackson Haddock is filled with deception, passion, hurt, broken hearts, and even romance. He encounters a handful of problems at such a young age that he isn’t sure whether he’ll even be able to see the next day because his life will only remain at stake the longer that Walker is alive. But Jackson is a boy that doesn't like to lose, doesn't like to fail, and doesn't like to give up.

Favourite quote: "Nothing else mattered but our holds, our shattered hearts that were still mending. Our love."

I really enjoyed this book! I think that it is one of the first times that I actually had a scene in my head all the way through the book of the scenery and the backgrounds! The plot was so action packed! I cannot fault Shanora at all for writing an action scene after reading this book! I normally don't like books told completely from a male perspective but this book is definitely an exception! I felt that the story was told better from a male point of view! The main character is obviously Jackson Haddock and I really liked him! He was sweet and protective of everyone that he knew! I also felt so sorry for him! Belle Fulton was the love interest of Jackson and I thought that she was very cute and strong! I didn't like how she sort of played Jackson at the start though! The secondary characters were very well written as well and they brought so much to the story! The cover is also very hot! Big thank you to Shanora for an ARC of The Story of Jackson Haddock!

No comments:

Post a Comment