About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Thursday 8 November 2012

Review: Wander Dust [The Seraphina Parrish Trilogy 01] by Michelle Warren!

Publication date: 30th November 2011
Paperback edition: 374 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 4 stars
Synopsis: Ever since her sixteenth birthday, strange things keep happening to Seraphina Parrish.

The Lady in Black… burns Sera’s memories.

Unexplainable Premonitions… catapult her to other cities.

The Grungy Gang… wants to kill her.

And a beautiful, mysterious boy… stalks her.

But when Sera moves to Chicago, and her aunt reveals their family connection to a centuries old, secret society, she is immediately thrust into an unbelievable fantasy world, leading her on a quest to unravel the mysteries that plague her. In the end, their meanings crash into an epic struggle of loyalty and betrayal, and she’ll be forced to choose between the boy who has stolen her heart and the thing she desires most.


I read this book for the book club that I am in and I have to say that I was a little bit let down with it! I was expecting it to be a little bit more fased paced and I was also expecting it to have a lot more romance in it! The plot was very original though and I felt that it did start to pick up! Seraphina "Sera" Parrish was a good main character but I found that she did annoy me a little bit to start with but then she grew on me pretty quickly! Max Bishop was the love interest of Sera and I really liked him! He tried to stay away from Sera but he couldn't which was sweet!  I did enjoy the secondary characters as well! The lack of romance between Sera and Max kind of put me off this book because I was rooting for them to be together as soon as Max saved Sera from the gang that were trying to attack her! There was finally some romance but it wasn't the main focus of the book! The ending was full of action which I loved! I am not sure if I will read the next book in this series but I might give it a try! I love the cover though!

 

2 comments:

  1. I felt the same way about the book. Hard to get into, but enjoyable once I did. I wish Max and Sera had more romance... I really liked him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish that they had more romance as well! I was actually waiting for it and then it didn't happen! Maybe the next book in the series has more romance!

      Delete