About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Thursday 26 July 2012

Review: Eve [Eve 01] by Anna Carey!

Publication date: 4th October 2011
Paperback edition: 336 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: The year is 2032, sixteen years after a deadly virus—and the vaccine intended to protect against it—wiped out most of the earth’s population. The night before eighteen-year-old Eve’s graduation from her all-girls school she discovers what really happens to new graduates, and the horrifying fate that awaits her.

Fleeing the only home she’s ever known, Eve sets off on a long, treacherous journey, searching for a place she can survive. Along the way she encounters Caleb, a rough, rebellious boy living in the wild. Separated from men her whole life, Eve has been taught to fear them, but Caleb slowly wins her trust...and her heart. He promises to protect her, but when soldiers begin hunting them, Eve must choose between true love and her life.
Favourite Quote:“You can love anyone. Love is just caring about someone very deeply. Feeling like that person matters to you, like your whole world would be sadder without them in it.” 

I was really looking forward to reading this book after I had read the synopsis and it did not disappoint. Eve is about one girl's journey to escape the horror to a safe place with the help of some friends along the way. Eve is set in a dystopian setting in the year 2032 after a plague and I really enjoyed the setting! The plot was action packed as well! It was also well thought out and definitely suited the setting of the book! The characters were amazing and they were very well written! Eve was obviously the main character and I really liked her! She got stronger as the book progressed and I felt so sorry for her at certain points throughout the book! Caleb was the love interest of Eve and I loved him! He was protective, hot and cute all at the same time! There were quite a lot of secondary characters in this book who were also written amazingly! The ending had me nearly in tears and Eve grew from a child into a woman through her journey but there are still some loose ends in the book which I hope will be answered in the next book, Once which is out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment