About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Tuesday 24 July 2012

Review: Shadows [Lux 0.5] by Jennifer L. Armentrout!

Publication date: 21st February  2012
Paperback edition: 179 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: The last thing Dawson Black expected was Bethany Williams. As a Luxen, an alien life form on Earth, human girls are…well, fun. But since the Luxen have to keep their true identities a secret, falling for one would be insane.

Dangerous. Tempting. Undeniable.

Bethany can’t deny the immediate connection between her and Dawson. And even though boys aren’t a complication she wants, she can’t stay away from him. Still, whenever they lock eyes, she’s drawn in.

Captivated. Lured. Loved.

Dawson is keeping a secret that will change her existence...and put her life in jeopardy. But even he can’t stop risking everything for one human girl. Or from a fate that is as unavoidable as love itself. - goodreads.com

Favourite Quote: “Dee’s hand fluttered around her as she spoke. “I was outside, and it looked as if a light show was going on in your bedroom. Daemon said you were probably mas—”
And Dee also knew no boundaries.
“Ah, no, please don’t finish that sentence.” He lowered his hands, eyes narrowing at his sister. “Don’t ever finish that sentence.”

I read this novella way back in February so this review will probably be a bit short. I liked this book and I felt that it went at the right pace for it being only 179 pages and it was amazing to see Dawson's story and his relationship with Bethany being formed after hearing about them in Obsidian but not really learning a lot about them. The novella shows Dawson Black who is an alien fall in love with a human called Bethany Williams and how that kind of relationship which normally isn't advised can affect their lives and their loved ones. Dawson is the triplet of Daemon and Dee who are in the Obsidian book and it was nice to see how they all connected with each other before Obsidian and also what Daemon used to be like and why he doesn't want to have a relationship with Katy and how close the Black triplets used to be as a family. I thought Bethany was like Katy who is the main protagonist in Obsidian in some ways but in other ways she was completely different which was refreshing to see how Jennifer can make different types of characters so likable but so different at the same time. The ending was seriously sad and my heart went out to Daemon and Dee after reading Shadows as I kind of hoped that Dawson hadn't actually been killed by the Arum but then after reading Shadows I kind of lost hope but this novella was actually really good and a quick read for Obsidian fans, the cover is beautiful and I cannot wait till I get the paperback copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment