About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Monday 30 July 2012

Review: Once [Eve 02] by Anna Carey

Publication date: 3rd July 2012
Paperback edition: 368 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: For the first time since she escaped from her school many months ago, Eve can sleep soundly. She's living in Califia, a haven for women, protected from the terrifying fate that awaits orphaned girls in The New America.

But her safety came at a price: She was forced to abandon Caleb, the boy she loves, wounded and alone at the city gates. When Eve gets word that Caleb is in trouble, she sets out into the wild again to rescue him, only to be captured and brought to the City of Sand, the capital of The New America.

Trapped inside the City walls, Eve uncovers a shocking secret about her past--and is forced to confront the harsh reality of her future. When she discovers Caleb is alive, Eve attempts to flee her prison so they can be together--but the consequences could be deadly. She must make a desperate choice to save the ones she loves . . . or risk losing Caleb forever.

Favourite Quote: "You do anything for the person you love," she said finally. "And then when you don't think you can give any more of yourself, you do. You keep going. Because it would kill you not to."

I was really looking forward to reading Once and I actually really enjoyed it! The beginning was a bit rushed to be honest but then it slowed down and it was the perfect pace! The plot honestly wasn't what I was expecting it to be at all! I had my own ideas about where the plot was going to go after the ending of Eve and also reading the synopsis but I was proved completely wrong which I loved! The plot was full of suspence and again it had lots of action in it! I really enjoyed it but I have to say that I did prefer Eve! Eve in this book was so strong! You could see how much she had grown since the beginning of Eve and I loved her transformation! Caleb wasn't really in this book that much but I loved it when he was! The ending was huge and I cannot wait until the next book in this series! The cover is also very pretty and it suits the first cover in this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment