About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Friday 27 July 2012

Review: Pure [Covenant 02] by Jennifer L. Armentrout!

Publication date: 3rd April 2012
Paperback edition: 329 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's "other half" is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her.


When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon... and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude... or killing her.


When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone.
Favourite Quote: “Ever since I’ve met you, I’ve wanted to break every rule.” Aiden turned away, the muscles in his neck tensing. He sighed. “You’ll become the center of someone’s world one day. And he’ll be the luckiest son of a bitch on this earth.”


I was so excited to read Pure after I had read Half-Blood and I enjoyed every minute of it. I loved Alex even more in this book after what she had went through in Half-Blood she was even stronger in Pure and Aiden and Seth were even more protective of Alex as she had to face the Council about her mother. Alex seemed to form more of a romantic relationship with Seth in this book and I really don't know if I am team Aiden or team Seth even after reading Pure. Alex also goes through a lot again in this book as she loses her best friend Caleb which leaves her in mourning, she also has to face the Council and also a buttload of Daimons. I loved the scene after Alex had drunk the Aphrodesian Brew and Seth and Aiden were fighting over her as it showed thier affection for Alex and how much they actually care for her. It was also nice to see Alex's changes as she was turning into the Apollyon and to see how well she was handling the changes. The fight scene at the end was amazingly done and again Alex kicked Daimon butt and she also learned how hard it is going to be to be the Apollyon along with Seth and what Aiden did at the end of the book nearly had me in tears and it again showed how much he cares for Alex and that he would give his life for her. I thought that this book was well written and an amazing sequel to Half-Blood and I cannot wait till Deity is released in November as I have read the first chapter and it looks amazing!




No comments:

Post a Comment