About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is Kendall, I'm 28, a Media Graduate and I'm from Scotland. I'm a Reader, Reviewer, and Blogger.

Wednesday 25 July 2012

Review: This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers!

Publication date: 19th June 2012
Paperback edition: 323 pages
Source: Kindle
Rating: 5 stars
Synopsis: It’s the end of the world. Six students have taken cover in Cortege High but shelter is little comfort when the dead outside won’t stop pounding on the doors. One bite is all it takes to kill a person and bring them back as a monstrous version of their former self.

To Sloane Price, that doesn’t sound so bad. Six months ago, her world collapsed and since then, she’s failed to find a reason to keep going. Now seems like the perfect time to give up. As Sloane eagerly waits for the barricades to fall, she’s forced to witness the apocalypse through the eyes of five people who actually want to live.

But as the days crawl by, the motivations for survival change in startling ways and soon the group’s fate is determined less and less by what’s happening outside and more and more by the unpredictable and violent bids for life—and death—inside.

When everything is gone, what do you hold on to? - goodreads.com

Favourite Quote: “I woke up and the last piece of my heart disappeared. I opened my eyes and I felt it go.”

What made me read this book was the fact that there were zombies in it but then I read reviews on it and some said that it didn't really focus on the zombies and that it focused on a girl trying not to survive the zombie apocalypse which was a twist as normally you would be trying to survive and I didn't really think I would like it but I gave it a chance and I am so glad I did as when I started reading I couldn't stop and I finished it in a day and while reading the book I watched The Walking Dead to set the background for the book. This is Not a Test is about a group of six teenagers trying to survive a zombie apocalypse trapped in a school. Sloane is the protagonist of the book and she doesn't want to survive the apocalypse as her sister Lily, left her with her abusive father after she had promised that they would leave together and Sloane feels that the apocalypse is an opportunity to leave her life behind as she is unhappy. During this book Sloane forms relationships with all of the group and she takes a giant leap with Rhys to form a romantic relationship which I thought was cute. When I got more than half way through the book I thought it was weird that all of the characters had survived and then all of them started getting eaten by the zombies and I was like WHOA! and then I loved the ending and also how Sloane started appreaciating that she was alive and that so was Rhys. I have to say thought that the book left some questions unanswered like "How did the zombie apocalypse actually start?"


No comments:

Post a Comment